Thread: A Fishing Report ............Truck Fish ............ And then Some ........

Default A Fishing Report ............Truck Fish ............ And then Some ........

Since there's been an absence of reports lately, I thought I'd throw out a silly little report.

So, dodging the fires, smoke, car repairs, and other personal garbage .................. I went a little south of home yesterday to a little pond that was recently stocked.
    I know .................. yippee - whoopie - skippie,.............. truck trout.

Stopped by Mickie D's for an "on the road lunch" and arrived at the pond just before 11:30.

I had a brief conversation with a "local" and he said the fish were biting on worms at about 5 feet below a bobber.
    I thanked him for the tip and made my way to the water and started fishing my midge(s) under a 'cator.

The first fish of the day was a hand sized bluegill.
    That was kind of exciting since I've never caught a Bluegill that large around here.

Well, the fish liked my midges and in a couple of hours I landed a dozen or so and missed probably twice that many strikes.
    Pretty typical for "truck fish around here".

The shore I was fishing had the sun bearing down and reflecting right into my face so I decided to move to the west shore to put the sun a little behind me and avoid the glare.

I started getting strikes pretty regularly on the west shore and to my surprise landed yet another "hand sized" Bluegill.
    Even more of a surprise was landing 3 decent Catfish (larger than the planted trout) on my midges under a 'cator.

Wow........ a little fishing diversity yesterday.

I started getting a little tired, started having some back discomfort, and was a little dehydrated, so I packed it up around 5:00 p.m..

On the way home I stopped and picked up a couple of Gatorades and guzzled them both down on the half hour ride home.
    Once home I pretty much devoured a gallon of 2% milk before going to bed.
    I guess I was more than " a little dehydrated" and I do consider milk to be the "Nectar of the Gods" too.

So, it was fun to get my rod bent, catch some truck Trout, land a couple of decent Bluegill, and even land a few Catfish............who woulda' thunk.

Till the next adventure.............................

Bob

I read that old men usually don't drink enough "liquid" but Bob is doing pretty well in that department.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I’m one of those “Old Men” Bill. In that routine of to dry to up all night pissin or trying to work out a cramp. My routine now is a drink called Body Armor and 2 calcium pills a day with meals. Working relatively good. As for the milk, a gallon in one day would bring different problems if you get my gist. Sounds like a good variety day at the pond though!

Quote Originally Posted by Idadon View Post
    I’m one of those “Old Men” Bill. In that routine of to dry to up all night pissin or trying to work out a cramp. My routine now is a drink called Body Armor and 2 calcium pills a day with meals. Working relatively good. As for the milk, a gallon in one day would bring different problems if you get my gist. Sounds like a good variety day at the pond though!
    Ha !!!!!

I left out those T.M.I. details !!!!!

I was up every two hours last night bleedin' the lizard AND had leg and finger cramps.

Bob