Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 90/60 Etec tiller jet

Default 2018 90/60 Etec tiller jet

So I decide to trade my jet boat into my boat builder and I'm going to sell just my outboard jet.
    Here is what I have

2018 90/60 Etec Tiller Jet
    350ish hrs
    Recent 300hr service, a few new parts including a water pump and a clean bill of health. Runs like a champ, starts up turn of key and no choke needed.

Motor is in great running condition, in great looking condition, some minor wear on the exterior of the intake from the river bottom. This motor pushes my 18x54 pd with me solo in the low 30s.

Asking $9,000 with additional Wooldridge urethane intake and 4 blade ss impeller and new impeller liner. These new parts alone are $1200. It will also come with the old intake with fins, 3 blade ss impeller and a used liner in good condition, great for just in case parts. The remaining 2 stroke oil that I have will come with the motor as well. I have 2 gallons of the xd100 oil $50 a gallon and a few gallons of xd30 Etec 2 stroke oil.

Asking $8,250 with stock intake, stock 3 blade ss impeller and used liner. All 2 stroke oil will come with the motor either way.

Pricing is OBO, reasonable offers are welcome.
    Thanks for viewing
    Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200904_124557.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	16086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200904_124542.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	16087   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200904_124607.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	16085  
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

That's a great engine. Lots of horsepower, but without the weight of a 4-stroke engine.

Thanks Mike. She's been a great engine, turn the key and go, never needed to choke her to start. If I wasn't getting a slightly bigger boat with a few more add ons which adds more weight, she'd be going on the new boat.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Great motors. GLWS

Good luck with trying to sell a 2 stroke engine in the PRC (Peoples Republic of California). When I tried selling mine last year, I had to keep lowering the price until I finally sold it (after months of trying) for about 50% below market. Had many potential buyers look at it and then say, "nope, it's a 2 stroke and illegal in CA". It's actually totally legal in CA. Hope you fare better than me.
    Last edited by WLREDBAND; 09-25-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks Bob. Ya like you said 2 strokes are legal in Ca except for a few lakes. The only thing that has changed with 2 strokes is you can no longer buy/sell new 2 strokes in the USA, sad but true. You can buy used all day, just not new. Tried my hardest to find a 115/80 etec tiller, but non available.
    I'd love to keep her, but she would be a little light on the hps with the new boats size and added weight.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

~ Sue Kreutzer

You know, because 2 strokes are no longer available makes this one so attractive. I'd put it on a jon or small sled with a wide bottom with the bare minimum to keep the weight down. The weight savings in the 2 stroke makes a big difference. Be the perfect valley river boat that you couldn't buy. I'd run the motor til it's dead, then rebuild her. You get get alot of years out of a motor. Had I not just bought a sled, I'd do just as I said.

That Etec motor is 100% legal in all CA lakes except where there are HP restrictions. It is a direct injected 2=stroke and has a 3 star CARB rating.

"Evinrude ETEC has been awarded a three star rating from the toughest emission standard in the world—the California Air Resources Board and was also the first outboard to receive the EPA’s Clean Air Technology Excellence Award. No other brand of outboards produces fewer reportable emissions than the Evinrude E-TEC family."

"According to the US EPA and California Air Resources Board certification database, Evinrude E-TEC ranks among the lowest total regulated emissions for hydrocarbons plus oxides of nitrogen (HC+NOx) and carbon monoxide (CO). Evinrude E-TEC also won the prestigious EPA Clean Air Excellence Award and was the only gasoline outboard engine to win this award. In addition, Evinrude E-TEC G2 emits up to 75% fewer total regulated emissions than comparable four-stroke outboards making it the cleanest outboard engine in the industry."

Outboard Motor Shop in Oakland sells the full line of ETEC motors if you want one. In Jets they are currently advertising the 135/105, the 90/60 and the 55/40. Inland Marine in Antioch CA also sells the full line of ETEC motors.

Default ETEC Motors

Quote Originally Posted by tcorfey View Post
    That Etec motor is 100% legal in all CA lakes except where there are HP restrictions. It is a direct injected 2=stroke and has a 3 star CARB rating.

"Evinrude ETEC has been awarded a three star rating from the toughest emission standard in the world—the California Air Resources Board and was also the first outboard to receive the EPA’s Clean Air Technology Excellence Award. No other brand of outboards produces fewer reportable emissions than the Evinrude E-TEC family."

"According to the US EPA and California Air Resources Board certification database, Evinrude E-TEC ranks among the lowest total regulated emissions for hydrocarbons plus oxides of nitrogen (HC+NOx) and carbon monoxide (CO). Evinrude E-TEC also won the prestigious EPA Clean Air Excellence Award and was the only gasoline outboard engine to win this award. In addition, Evinrude E-TEC G2 emits up to 75% fewer total regulated emissions than comparable four-stroke outboards making it the cleanest outboard engine in the industry."

Outboard Motor Shop in Oakland sells the full line of ETEC motors if you want one. In Jets they are currently advertising the 135/105, the 90/60 and the 55/40. Inland Marine in Antioch CA also sells the full line of ETEC motors.
    Just an FYI the 105 jet is a 150 HP prop motor. I know from having one and agree these are fantastic motors.
    That was the reason I chose mine when building my Wooldridge. Much lighter than a four stroke and more torque to get on plane very quickly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181212_144552.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	16101

That's a great looking boat ErikB. Love to see more pics of it just for fun.