Thread: Berryessa-Putah Fire

Angry Berryessa-Putah Fire

I took a bike ride through the fire area today. In the last five years there have been several fires up there that seemed big at the time but this one dwarfs them all. It reburned the area of the previous fires and a lot more. Some trees were left but much of the burn left nothing but ash and black. I saw several saved structures but also a lot that were not. They are working hard to keep the road open and put the utility poles back up.

Full burn here. I am pretty sure there used to be a house on that hilltop. The utility pole serving the house has already been replaced.

Part of the Lake. Some trees left. They are working on the clearing the road on the left.

The Markley Cove store.

This is a panorama from the bridge right below the dam. The burn went all the way past the Lake Solano bridge. Lots of people fishing today including a couple of guys in this shot.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/49610...reen></iframe>
    Last edited by John H; 12-31-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Default B-P Fire

WOW!! Those are some photos of great damage. Seems like that area has fire damage every year. Hopefully, there won't be significant mud-slides later. Really like the photo of the pool below the bridge. Brings back some fond memories of fishing there/downstream.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown