Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Klamath Closure Info?

Speaking of the trinity, anyone know of a shuttle that would pick up around steel ridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Clemens View Post
    BLM land is open, so from Bagdad up its all yours, find a turnout and go have some fun.
    LOL . That should be no problem,with all the fishermen confined to that stretch. I think you're just trying to drum up some guide business,can't say I blame you. And I have been bank fishing the T for decades,I know where the access points are. I'm just frustrated with 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    Speaking of the trinity, anyone know of a shuttle that would pick up around steel ridge?
    It's been a while since I have used them but they were great. Try Bob n Carol's Gold Coast Shuttle Service 530 623-1905.

What Bump said
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Quote Originally Posted by avidangler View Post
    LOL . That should be no problem,with all the fishermen confined to that stretch. I think you're just trying to drum up some guide business,can't say I blame you. And I have been bank fishing the T for decades,I know where the access points are. I'm just frustrated with 2020.
    Don't need to drum up any business, I am fully booked up till mid Dec. Just trying to help out.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

I hear ya. The Trinity is a zoo under normal circumstances,I fear it will be intolerable until the access returns to normal. I may be pessimistic,I just can see it being a problem,and I like to avoid crowds.

Good news this just in and hot off the press

VALLEJO, Calif. – The USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region announces increased access to some National Forests in California beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 19, 2020.

The prohibition of the use of any ignition source on all National Forest System lands (campfires, gas stoves, etc.) throughout California remains in place.

Nine National Forests in California remain closed: Angeles NF, Cleveland NF, Los Padres NF, Inyo NF, Klamath NF, San Bernardino NF, Sequoia NF, Sierra NF, and Six Rivers NF. This decision will continue to be reviewed daily with evolving fire and weather conditions.

Nine other National Forests may open to varying degrees. Visitors should contact the following National Forests for more information on their status: Eldorado NF, Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit, Lassen NF, Mendocino NF, Modoc NF, Plumas NF, Shasta-Trinity NF, Stanislaus NF, and the Tahoe NF. These forests will implement their own forest orders that will either limit dispersed use or provide for area closures around fires.

Conditions can change quickly. Therefore, we emphasize that all citizens heed local announcements for changes in conditions and potential evacuations.

"We understand how important access to the National Forests is to our visitors," said Randy Moore, Regional Forester for the USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region. "Continued closures are essential based on extreme fire conditions, critical limitations of firefighting resources, and to provide for firefighter and public safety.”

Again, visitors are encouraged to contact their local National Forest for more information. We have developed a web map to help visitors find out which sites are open. Visit our online map at https://www.fs.fed.us/r5/webmaps/RecreationSiteStatus/. For additional questions, please contact your local National Forest.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    www.norcalflyguides.com

~ Sue Kreutzer

That's great news!

Great news would be Klamath National and 6 Rivers cause being shut out of Orleans is killing me I want to swing a fly so bad. I heard there may be a further opening on 10/1. Hopefully the Klamath will clean up soon it is looking nasty right now kindof a guacamole color due to Blue Green algae explosion:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1 (1).jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	16104

Confluence with Shasta taken today, it was clear last week. Undamn the Klamath.

I second that,Un dam the damned Klamath!!