Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Klamath Closure Info?

Hwy 96 is also now closed for a major fire near Happy Camp. Rumor has it that 150 buildings in town have burned.

It is a good time to give the Klamath a break I think between the warm water, CV19, and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer4 View Post
    So, is one able to put in at Klamath Glen's Terwer boat ramp and jet up the river and fish to say, Blue Creek, or is that considered tribal lands? Any info would be appreciated.
    If you get there remember no fishing 500' up or down from mouth of Blue Creek.

Andy

From the Red Salmon/Orleans Complex group: the town of Happy Camp is safe, however, many homes and structures out of town have been lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Thomas View Post
    From the Red Salmon/Orleans Complex group: the town of Happy Camp is safe, however, many homes and structures out of town have been lost.
    Slater Fire is heading towards Cave Junction and has jumped hwy 199 near Gasquet.

Thanks for the replies and info everyone.

I am definitely shelving any plans to hit the Klamath until all these fires settle down. Fingers crossed that Norcal will get a decent fall rain cycle like we used to for a change! Matt
    Church of Wild Steelhead!

As of Sept 9 at 5pm ALL 18 US forests in CA are closed. Stay safe.

link to USDA website & announcement:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/r5/ne...d=FSEPRD801394

Jim

NU on the Holy Water, Rogue near Shady Cove and the Klamath - major fires on 3 great September / October steelhead rivers. Can we just call 2020 now and jump to 2021?

The klamath is definitely not closed. Just got back from guiding the Lower K for 6 days doing my all inclusive trip through a lodge 15 miles up from the mouth and its fishing extremely well. Water temps were mid to upper 60s at Klamath Glen and a few degs cooler 15miles up. And only got cooler by the day with the smokey cloud cover.

They just bumped the flows on the Trinity cool the K down and that will bring up a ton of fish.

Gonna be a stellar fall season. Both the K and T are swinging well. Even found 2 kings on the swing on the T.

"DONT WAIT TILL FALL"
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

The turnouts are all closed off from the south fork Trinity up to Junction city and Hoopa and Yurok res are closed. Private lodges may be open but what about the rest of us???

There has been plenty of wade traffic on both rivers. Only national forest campgrounds or access areas are closed. But any turnout on the rivers are open as well as all BLM access and campgrounds are open.

I literally just came from there since the 6th I saw this with my own eyes. I wouldn't lead anyone in the wrong direction. I had no problem floating the DC area, JC area, Del Loma area as well as wading in to all my favorite holes in those areas,, including up at the dam in the evenings for those epic evening hatches. Same goes for the mid upper Klamath. Dont know about the access points, but per my permit thats BLM those will be open as well as any turn out.

Get up there and go fishing. The smoke is not nearly as bad as most think, saw blue skies my last 2 days guiding the Trinity.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer