Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Klamath Closure Info?

Hi,
    So thinking of heading up next weekend and am looking for info pls...
    I went on the webz and see conflicting info - are there campgrounds open between Happy Camp and the I5?
    Did the area get torched? I’d kinda feel like an ass going for a fish if in the way...
    Thanks

Most USFS facilities should be open - campgrounds included. No fires or smoking right now and you can double check that on the KNF website. The Slater Fire devastated Happy Camp and the area on the West side of the Cade Mountain though Happy Camp is toast.

Many of the campgrounds up there close at the end of September anyway. I think Aiken's Creek stays open but there's no agua. Last year I saw a couple trailers set up at Ti Bar access. There's a chemical toilet there as well as Dolan's Bar. If you're willing to rough it a little you should be able to find somewhere to camp. I'm guessing vacancies are pretty scarce at the few hotels up there.
    I've actually decided to scratch the Klamath for this year. Too many unknowns and I'm on a different species pretty good anyway. Hopefully next year is better. We need a good wet winter or we're up shit creek again...