Thread: Pyramid Lake (proposed ) fee changes

Default Pyramid Lake (proposed ) fee changes

This is bad...............................really bad.

Out there on Facebook, the Paiute Tribe has (or did) propose new fees attributed to the Covid pandemic.

If I got this correct, the fees will increase 150% and seasonal permits will no longer be available, at least this year.

Ummmmm.............let's see.........I try and fish once a week from October thru May.
    Last year the seasonal fee was $ 98.00
    With the "new" fee structure, I'd have to shell out $ 30.00/day X 8/months X 4 days/month.
    That'd be a whopping $ 960.00.

That's too rich for my blood..........................maybe that's what they're looking for........................

Here's the FB link: https://www.facebook.com/PyramidLakePaiuteTribe/

Am I reading this correctly ??????

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 09-08-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    This is bad...............................really bad.

Out there on Facebook, the Paiute Tribe has (or did) propose new fees attributed to the Covid pandemic.

If I got this correct, the fees will increase 150% and seasonal permits will no longer be available, at least this year.

Ummmmm.............let's see.........I try and fish once a week from October thru May.
    Last year the seasonal fee was $ 98.00
    With the "new" fee structure, I'd have to shell out $ 30.00/day X 8/months X 4 days/month.
    That'd be a whopping $ 960.00.

That's too rich for my blood..........................maybe that's what they're looking for........................

Here's the FB link: https://www.facebook.com/PyramidLakePaiuteTribe/

Am I reading this correctly ??????

Bob
    I saw that too Bob. I really hope that is not the case....I would rather show proof that I tested negative for Covid instead of shelling out so much money.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Looking at it through rose colored glasses, which I think is a good practice for this crappy year, at least there is still a path to get access. The tribe could have easier said "let's revisit this in 2021-2022 season", but they came up with a model.

Of course, the fee hikes are likely to last, unless the revenue under the new model takes a major dive...in which case there would be incentive to "dial it back" when the time is right.

Good opportunity to vote with your dollars. If you don't like the new fees, money will talk in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post

Good opportunity to vote with your dollars. If you don't like the new fees, money will talk in this case.
    Here's the possible scenario that the Pyramid Guides could be facing............................

An annual "guide permit" to legitimately guide at the lake is/was $ 1600.00 last year.

Let's say this "legitimate guide" books trips for 3 days/week throughout the season ( 8 months +-).

Since annual fishing permits are no longer available, said guide would have to purchase 3 day permits for some 8 months ($ 77.50/week X 32 weeks) at a cost of $ 2480.00.

So, doing some simple math............ $1600.00 (guide license) + $ 2480.00 (32 ea. 3 day permits) = $ 4080.00 just for the "privilege" of guiding at the lake.

This is just my opinion, but, I don't think this is going to fly..........................

The old saying of "don't bite the hand that feeds you" comes to mind.

And.....no, I'm not "criticizing anyone online".

I sure wish that Morgan was still active here and would chime in on this.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Here's the possible scenario that the Pyramid Guides could be facing............................

An annual "guide permit" to legitimately guide at the lake is/was $ 1600.00 last year.

Let's say this "legitimate guide" books trips for 3 days/week throughout the season ( 8 months +-).

Since annual fishing permits are no longer available, said guide would have to purchase 3 day permits for some 8 months ($ 77.50/week X 32 weeks) at a cost of $ 2480.00.

So, doing some simple math............ $1600.00 (guide license) + $ 2480.00 (32 ea. 3 day permits) = $ 4080.00 just for the "privilege" of guiding at the lake.

This is just my opinion, but, I don't think this is going to fly..........................

The old saying of "don't bite the hand that feeds you" comes to mind.

And.....no, I'm not "criticizing anyone online".

I sure wish that Morgan was still active here and would chime in on this.

Bob
    I dont have a dog in the fight. I haven't been to Pyramid the last two seasons and probably would not go this coming season under existing or newly proposed fee structures. It is just not my jam anymore...when it's a 3 hour drive up there, or the same 3 hours to the Trinity/Gualala, I am doing the latter every time these days.

If nobody shows up and the guides all bail on it, that will be a significant hit to tribal income. That said, I don't think the guides will bail on it, they will just raise their rates to cover the differences.