Thread: Motor Mount for Scadden Pontoons

Default Motor Mount for Scadden Pontoons

SOLDHeavy duty motor mount for most any electric trolling motor, could probably support a small 1-2 hp gas motor as well.

I purchased this new from Dave Scadden's North Fork Outdoors, however only used my electric motor twice. This mount will fit his frameless Outlaw series (Predator, Escape, Renegade, Rampage, etc.), the Assault, and several other frameless boats from Scadden. It should fit some other frameless boats as well (see below).

Dimensions: The high point from the bottom of the legs to the top arch is 9". The distance between the two sets of legs (inside dimension) is 16". Weight is 7.25 lbs.

As can be seen, this mount is very flexible in size, and fastens to the craft with three heavy duty straps with cam cleats, intended to be cinched using D-rings on the craft. I had a 55 lb. Minn Kota on my Renegade, and it was as steady as a built in, and came off and attached in seconds.

To my knowledge these are no longer being manufactured, as most Scadden boats today have built in mounts, but they are rubber and not nearly as strong as this. Too bad, because they were absolute top quality, welded with bracing, seemingly indestructible. The price is a fraction of his retail price at the time which reflected the quality of the unit.

SOLD
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side View.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	16027

Name:	Front View.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	16028

Name:	Rear View Close Up.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	16029

Name:	Rear View 1.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	16030
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mounted Side View.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	16026  
    Last edited by JAWallace; 07-06-2021 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Sold

Quote Originally Posted by JAWallace View Post
    Heavy duty motor mount for most any electric trolling motor, could probably support a small 1-2 hp gas motor as well.

I purchased this new from Dave Scadden's North Fork Outdoors, however only used my electric motor twice. This mount will fit his frameless Outlaw series (Predator, Escape, Renegade, Rampage, etc.), the Assault, and several other frameless boats from Scadden. It should fit some other frameless boats as well (see below).

Dimensions: The high point from the bottom of the legs to the top arch is 9". The distance between the two sets of legs (inside dimension) is 16". Weight is 7.25 lbs.

As can be seen, this mount is very flexible in size, and fastens to the craft with three heavy duty straps with cam cleats, intended to be cinched using D-rings on the craft. I had a 55 lb. Minn Kota on my Renegade, and it was as steady as a built in, and came off and attached in seconds.

To my knowledge these are no longer being manufactured, as most Scadden boats today have built in mounts, but they are rubber and not nearly as strong as this. Too bad, because they were absolute top quality, welded with bracing, seemingly indestructible. The price is a fraction of his retail price at the time which reflected the quality of the unit.

$125 local pickup, cash.
    Will ship, but if you're not on the West Coast it can get $$$

Name:	Mounted Side View.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	16026

Name:	Side View.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	16027

Name:	Front View.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	16028

Name:	Rear View Close Up.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	16029

Name:	Rear View 1.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	16030
    Hi May I know if it is still available? I'm in San Jose.

Sorry, I should have marked this SOLD months ago.

I have had several people ask about it since then even from forms where I remembered to mark it sold. I guess Scadden is no longer making these but there are a few generics that can be adapted to fit as the need is not unique. I was thinking about welding up a few to have on hand but just wasn't that ambitious. I did post the dimensions though, so with some ingenuity one could certainly fabricate a workable mount. I think conduit would work too at least for the smaller electrics with less torque.

Thank you very much for letting me know.

I also have one of these Scadden Motor mounts for sale. contact me if interested. It is just like the one that John pictured except the wood board is a little wider/longer to accommodate a Scotty anchor mount. ( not included). It can be cut down if you don’t want it that wide. I can send a picture if interested. Price negotiable depending on shipping costs
    Betty