Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heenan Lake Closed

Well I went last Friday and since I stunk up the place they asked me to leave the lake. I was up in the parking lot when a young man wearing a DFG uniform informed me they were closing the lake. Cal Fire needed the whole lake for swooping up the water without having a float tube and fisherman in the bucket. It was about 1 and I was planning on resting a bit since I was carrying a skunk odor with me all morning. Even the Osprey early in the morning out fished me.
    I talked to a few guys who fished the complete opposite end of the lake and they seemed to have some moderate success. Most of the fish were caught between 7:30AM-8:AM. I choose the part of the lake that had about seven guys all fishing for not. The biggest number of fish came from one boat with two fly guys and they caught 7 between them. The bite was early and finished by 10:30 so I was told. Seems like I was finished as soon as I started.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0728.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	16045

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    Well I went last Friday and since I stunk up the place they asked me to leave the lake. I was up in the parking lot when a young man wearing a DFG uniform informed me they were closing the lake. Cal Fire needed the whole lake for swooping up the water without having a float tube and fisherman in the bucket. It was about 1 and I was planning on resting a bit since I was carrying a skunk odor with me all morning. Even the Osprey early in the morning out fished me.
    I talked to a few guys who fished the complete opposite end of the lake and they seemed to have some moderate success. Most of the fish were caught between 7:30AM-8:AM. I choose the part of the lake that had about seven guys all fishing for not. The biggest number of fish came from one boat with two fly guys and they caught 7 between them. The bite was early and finished by 10:30 so I was told. Seems like I was finished as soon as I started.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0728.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	16045

Awwwwwww.......................................... Dam it Bill.

Tough way to spend your Friday.

So you'll be taking care of PePe for a little while ???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pe pe.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	16046
    Lord knows he became a "regular" for me while fishing Pyramid....................................

Sorry about the tough fishing.

Dang Cutthroats......................

Bob