Thread: Putah Creek/LNU fires damage reports?

Default Putah Creek/LNU fires damage reports?

Is 128 reopened out of Winters to Monticello? Has anyone driven by and seen what the LNU did to the streamside vegetation? I'm assuming that if the gates at the access points are still standing, they are locked closed to public use?

HWY 128 is open to Residents only and that was just opened today. Road is closed at Pleasants Valley. I did see a pod of fish jumping yesterday so they seem happy. Canyon Creek, the upper campground website says they were untouched by fire. Sadly the Markley Cove Store is gone. Lake Berryessa News is a good site to see how massive this fire was. Sounds like recreational use is about a week or two out. Not sure about the vegetation along the creek. The creek has burned something like 4 out the past five years and those hard to catch fish are still chomping away...

Did the marina at Markley Cover burn?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

cyama if you live out that way I hope all is well for you. Thanks for the intel.

There was just an update on Markley Cove at the Lake Berryessa News website. The store, the rental area and rental dock burned. There was an earlier Facebook live video on their site and it showed most of the private boats in the slips were mostly undamaged. There was a retaining wall around Markley Cove on 128 that burned and the road looks like it is about to cave in.

Fairfield about a mile from where the fire jumped I-80, so a little scary, but FFD did a great job and the last I heard no residences were lost in Fairfield