Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB 12ga semi auto with interchangeable chokes for son

Default WTB 12ga semi auto with interchangeable chokes for son

Looking for a duck/upland gun for my son's birthday. Started him off with my Rem 870 with a short stock and barrel but this year he asked for a semi-auto for his birthday Tried to go to look at the gun shops and just couldn't stand in line. Looking for a 28" barrel 3" chamber. Benelli, Berreta, Remington, etc.

Do have Spey and single hand gear that I could trade into the mix from some pretty nice makers.
    Burkheimer, Tibor, Hardy Perfect Spey, GLoomis, etc. if that is something you are interested in.

If you have something you no longer use let me know what you have.
    Looking for something local to Sac.

Thanks
    Russell
    Last edited by RSK; 08-25-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    Looking for a Duck / upland gun for my sons birthday. Started him off with my 870 and a short stock and barrel and this year he asked for a semi auto for his birthday Tried to go to look at the gun shops and just couldn't stand in line. Looking for a 28" barrel 3" chamber. Banelli, Barreta, Remington etc.
    Do Have Spey and single had gear that I could trade into the mix from some pretty nice makers.
    Burkheimer, tibor, hardy perfect spey, Loomis, etc. if that is something you are interested in.

If you have something you no longer use let me know what you have.
    Looking for something local to Sac.

Thanks
    Russell
    Remington 1100 or 1187. He’s already familiar with the lay out. Even if you deal local you’re going to have to go through an FFL and I’m assuming CA has a waiting period on shotguns? I don’t know as I don’t live there. If you open up your search to things like Cabelas Gun Library and Gun Broker you’re far more likely to get a good deal on a used Rem 1100 and you won’t cost yourself any time either. They’ll ship to the FFL of your choice and it’ll be there before the waiting period is over anyway.
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Yes, 1100 or 1187 are possibilities I'm looking for. I really do not like to deal with Bass Pro and that is what Cabelas is too. Also I would much rather be able to see it in person and possibly get a chance to have my son try it out before purchasing. This does not happen with online purchases. I'm not in such a hurry I cannot wait the waiting period and I think it starts once it gets to the ffl here. Not really sure on that. Also a local transfer should save me quite a bit in CA taxes.
    Do have my feelers out though.

Russell

I have a Browning Maxus that has been flawless. Light 2.75” dove loads up to 3.5” geese artillery, all function great. Not for sale, but wouldn’t hesitate to recommend. Can’t go wrong with a Rem 1100 either.

John

Bought my son a Mossberg 930 last year for his first auto load. Inexpensive and will last for years.

Well I can't believe how few of any type of gun is available let alone at a good price. Finally broke down and ordered a Baretta a300 for him. One of the only autos I could find available and at a reasonable sale price. It has quite a bit of adjustment available in the stock, including length of pole, so it should work out well for him.

Thanks for all the sugestions

Russell
    Last edited by RSK; 09-04-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    Well I can't believe how few of any type of gun is available let alone at a good price.
    I think people are hesitant to sell their guns right now because of what you observed -- it's not easy to replace them and might get a lot harder depending what happens in November and beyond.

I’m actually looking for a German Zipper machine gun, the “MG 42”. Trying to get prepared for the Civil War. If anyone has one 4 sale let me know. I’ll take as many extra barrels you have too!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8CF0862B-983F-4353-B426-42A563A73BF4.jpeg 
Views:	174 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	16062

Here is a video of it in action Mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxKFs2vANJw
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    Here is a video of it in action Mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxKFs2vANJw
    Now doesn’t that look fun! Who wouldn’t want something that shoots 25 rounds per second and 1,550 rounds per minute