Thread: Yellowstone River MT August 2020

Default Yellowstone River MT August 2020

A buddy of mine bought a place in Montana last year and invited a group of us out last week. We took off during the lightning storm that started all of this mess and arrived in MT late Sunday.

Settled in Monday and fished with guide Eric Paulson with Yellowstone Anglers on Tuesday. This guy was great, told you when you were messing up, worked his ass off all day and I learned a ton from him. Hoppers were going off in the afternoon and we were expecting a red flag day to "prime the pump" as Eric said, but the wind never came up too much. Fishing was excellent nonetheless. My buddy and I boated about 20 and lost/missed at least that many. The two pictured browns and a not pictured rainbow around the same size were the highlights.

I spent a half day exploring on my own and ended up at Mill Creek near where we were staying. I caught a small yellowstone cut throat on a nymph but couldn't photo before he slipped away. Fun to get out and find my own fish, even though far less impressive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Happy Brown.JPG 
Views:	240 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	15988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YR Brown.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	15989

I'll definitely be back in future years for more.

Da dang Mike! That there is a serious fish!