Thread: Heenan....just a couple of weeks away !!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Heenan....just a couple of weeks away !!!

Just throwing some excrement into the rotating multi-blade air movement device...........

I wonder if Heenan will be open (in a couple of weeks) this year, or not, due to Covid ?????

It looks like I won't get a chance to fish it this year............wife's days off are Wednesday & Thursday AND the grandson starts "remote-schooling" next week.
    Unfortunately, this year I won't be able to jump in the car after I walk him to the bus stop and go fish.

It's been a rather "BRUTAL" spring/summer.

IF Heenan opens this year, and you're lucky enough to fish it, how's about a report or two for us less fortunate dreamers ????

Hoping to go SOMEWHERE for a day trip next week to escape the smoke and heat...........................

Bob

It will be interesting to see if it will open. If it does it might be a crowded bowl of Cheerios as people flock to get away from COVID and all the fires. On the other hand it might be worth it
    Last edited by Quinnphoto; 08-23-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    It will be interesting to see if it will open. If it does it might be a crowded bowl of Cheerios as people flock to get away from COVID and all the fires. On the other hand it might be worth it
    I stopped by Heenan (just to look) last year when I was coming back over Monitor Pass. Haven't been there in MANY years. It is mind boggling how many people are out there, and the reports I've seen generally don't sound that great. Unfortunately, another California fishery that is a shadow of its former self.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    I stopped by Heenan (just to look) last year when I was coming back over Monitor Pass. Haven't been there in MANY years. It is mind boggling how many people are out there, and the reports I've seen generally don't sound that great. Unfortunately, another California fishery that is a shadow of its former self.
    A lot of these lakes in our area don’t fish like they did 10-15 years ago.
    Seems like they been on decline ever since the last drought and economy fallen.
    The fish plants are not what they use to be. Martis seems to be hanging on. Barely......

So interesting to look over the archives of Heenan on this board. I looked over the last thirteen years of posts and many of the same themes play out every year. I think I have been going for over twenty years myself and many of you many more than that. Every year I seem to think I have figured out the secrets this lake has to offer for catching fish. Every year I get humbled I still keep coming back and will again this year. I know I’m going to have tight lines and screaming reels this year!!!

So interesting to look over the archives of Heenan on this board. I looked over the last thirteen years of posts and many of the same themes play out every year. I think I have been going for over twenty years myself and many of you many more than that. Every year I seem to think I have figured out the secrets this lake has to offer for catching fish. Every year I get humbled I still keep coming back and will again this year. I know I’m going to have tight lines and screaming reels this year!!!
    GET 'EM BILL !!!!!!!

And I don't want to hear anything about "rat sized" fish either.

Bob

Bob these are rats compared to the Pyramid LCT��

Bob these are rats compared to the Pyramid LCT��
    Well, for the most part ya, but I have the utmost confidence in you that you'll find some "larger than rats" and show us all how it's done !!!

Wonder if Carmen will be there fishing his jigs ???

Bob

Hey Bob I would love to see Carmen up there but he’s a Truckee River guy when not fishing Pyramid.

I did check with the regional field office in Rancho Cordova and was told Heenan will open an hour before sunrise and close an hour after sunset starting this Friday. Good luck to all those who plan on going.