Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parks bar fishing slow?

Default Parks bar fishing slow?

Has anyone else noticed a drop in bites and rises since the water levels rose? I was on fire for a while up until around April or so and then it's been skunk town ever since. I've had a few nibbles but zero commitment. I always go in the evenings around sunset but maybe they're hitting at a different time? I'm getting discouraged after months of nothing

I think that we need to go up over 8,000 feet (elevation) in August?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Fishing has been slow. Grasshoppers, caddis pupae and big stonefly nymphs have been working at times.

Bill may have it right. A trip up to the North Fork might be the ticket.

Gotta branch out. Lots of good fishing in other places...

Hopper bite on the Yuba should be OK though at this time of year...I haven't been out there in months so can't say from firsthand experience. The salmon should be showing up soon, meaning fish will start turning their attention towards the old orange bead again...

Keep going up 20 and then 49 to the NF Yuba...

Went out on Thursday afternoon. LDR'd two smaller fish on green caddis pupa. Didn't see any bugs other than adult damsels and dragonflies, nor did I raise any fish with hoppers or any other surface patterns. Talked to a gentlemen who said he's been fishing it at least once a week for the past few weeks & said it's been slow.

A friend and I floated on pontoons a couple of weeks ago and I used a hopper towards the end and caught nothing, he used a parachute ant between Hammon and Sycamore and caught three and lost one about 18".

The fishing has slowed a tiny bit over the past couple of weeks with the flow bump. However, these fish are digging the higher flows and cooler water. Before the bump we were hooking 30 -35 under indicators and a dozen or so on hopers/drys and the same for swinging. Now we are seeing around 20-25 on indicators and 6-8 on top and swinging. The biggest change is where the fish are sitting. They change a great deal from morning to noon to late afternoon on into the evening. Toughest time of the day has been from 3 to 6, also the hottest part of the day. Ive been getting on early and off by 3-330. Last hour or 2 of light has been stellar for drys.

Fish shallow early, shallow mid depth water mid day, riffles and deep pools mid day to evening. Find this type of water and you will find more fish.

Fish are healthy, and eating a plethora of bugs, mainly, stones, caddis, mays also try some eggs and midges early.

Sz4,6 lighter color rubberlegs
    Sz12,14,16 tan, brown caddis
    Sz16,18,20 olive mays, 16,18 brown mays
    Sz20,22 midges

Get out and give um hell.
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Great intel as always from BC

Thanks Double D
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer