Thread: Klamath River Dam Removal Update (Good News)

Default Klamath River Dam Removal Update (Good News)

The Sacramento Bee reported Friday, July 31st that California Governor Gavin Newsom has written a letter to Warren Buffet urging Buffet and PacifiCorp to support the new parameters set out by FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) for Klamath River dam removal at their July 16th meeting. The letter was delivered to Buffet personally by two of Newsom's top assistants. Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway company is the sole owner of PacifiCorp which in turn owns the four Klamath River dams scheduled for removal. While no one can predict the future, Governor Newsom's personal appeal to Buffet is very, very good news for those who favor removal of PacifiCorp dams on the Klamath River and the restoration of its endangered salmon and steelhead populations.

Barry L. Alan

This would be a monumental thing to happen to California's history.

Most of the Greatest Generation who fished the Klamath river in the 1950s, right after World War II are mostly gone now.

Joe Shirshac is 98 and still driving. He was one of the fly fishing pioneers of that great river.

Hopefully he might still be alive when the dams start coming down? Joe first fished it in 1952.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Petition Pacific Corp

Lets keep the heat on Pacific Corp and restore the Klamath, please sign and distribute this petition. Endless pressure endlessly applied!

http://chng.it/Dd7jMqLTw4

Andy

Signed and shared. This means the world to me. I love the Klamath river and I really hope this happens in my lifetime.

Signed and Shared! Let's bring the heat to Warren!

Wow, Joe's still alive and driving. That's Awesome! My Dad knew him and had him come and talk to us kids at a Royal Rangers meeting about fly fishing when I was 12 years old. He told us about a big steelie he caught on a fly in the AR. I'm going to be 62 in Oct. I bought a Sage reel used from Joe (I think he said it was made by Hardy), and still use it on my 7 wt. He inspired me to start fly fishing. Wonderful Man!

Robert Cummings
    Elk Grove, CA

Quote Originally Posted by gottaredguitar View Post
    Wow, Joe's still alive and driving. That's Awesome! My Dad knew him and had him come and talk to us kids at a Royal Rangers meeting about fly fishing when I was 12 years old. He told us about a big steelie he caught on a fly in the AR. I'm going to be 62 in Oct. I bought a Sage reel used from Joe (I think he said it was made by Hardy), and still use it on my 7 wt. He inspired me to start fly fishing. Wonderful Man!

Robert Cummings
    Elk Grove, CA
    Here is "Smoken Joe @ upper Watt Ave Dec 1974?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joe.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	854.8 KB 
ID:	15963

Remember this was pre-"catch-n-release."

I just called Andy Guibord who said he was making some balsa wood poppers in his air condition place.

He took a picture of his framed picture of Joe here with his iPhone and just now texted it to me.

Andy and I both owe Joe for years of mentoring.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........