Thread: Lake Spaulding

Default Lake Spaulding

Every time I go by it on the way to Fuller I wonder why we rarely hear anything about it. It has a good launch ramp, probably too deep for us in lots of places but I do remember years ago when the Fish Sniffer always had great reports on winter fishing.

Ever fish is, know anything about it? Tried a search on here, nothing. Thanks.

Found this one on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-ylCGNFXg

In another video of scuba diving Spaulding it looked like it has a lot of Squawfish or Sacramento Pike?

Should have Kokanee (land locked, dwarfed Sockeye salmon) and Lake Trout or MacKinaw (Char family) in the deeper parts.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

When I retired we lived at our cabin in Soda Springs at Serene Lakes full time for several years. Lake Spaulding was only a few miles away down Hwy.20 and we fished it several times throughout the year but never really had a "good" day. The headwaters of the Yuba feeds Spaulding and fishing was always good both above and below the lake, but the lake never really did much for me.

In the immediate area there were so many other lakes that produced well, we just never seemed to go to Spaulding much.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

There are very large browns in spalding that can be taken from the shore. I work on the lake every once and a while and have caught some nice fish. Camp ground is closed this year and access is a little hard.