Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AB 3030 - Outlaw Fishing and Hunting?!

Quote Originally Posted by tcorfey View Post
    Did a quick check and 52.1 % of the land in CA is already public land. So overall the land in CA is already protected from development. So what is AB3030 going to do if we have already surpassed their long term goal of protecting 50% of the land in CA from development? I don't think our politicians are really spending their time and energy wisely.
    BLM land and USFS land I would not call protected from development. Both sell their land regularly. Not trying to sound nit picky, just thought it’s a good heads up. The USFS lands for sale were on their ‘land disposal list’. Not sure what BLM calls theirs?

Yes, I guess the USFS let them log the hell out of CA, OR and WA many years ago.

I guess the Corps of Engineers let them dam up every river in CA, OR and WA?

Looks the commercial hydrophilic gold mining was devastating to our foothill rivers.

Taking down defunct dams is one of the most exciting thing I have seen in my lifetime.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by John Sv View Post
    BLM land and USFS land I would not call protected from development. Both sell their land regularly. Not trying to sound nit picky, just thought it’s a good heads up. The USFS lands for sale were on their ‘land disposal list’. Not sure what BLM calls theirs?
    Thanks John, good heads up so maybe AB3030 should have a section regarding funding to purchase and protect any available USFS or BLM land as it becomes available as a primary goal.

Default AB.3030 - In Senate

For those who would like to read the text of the bill, follow the link:

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...01920200AB3030

Look at the top/header of the bill for a box titled "Analysis" if you prefer reading the Bill Analysis. Long read but it gives you a flavor about the proposed amendments.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

You are mistaken about Ash Karla; his district is San Jose.

Default AB 3030 as Amended 8/13

Follow the link to an amended version of this bill in the Senate:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...01920200AB3030

The amended version assigns some specifics as to how goals in the bill are to be achieved (altho at a high level), and assigns responsibility for implementation. Seems like these amendments make it more likely that subsequent, enabling legislation will include restrictions on activities of some sort.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown