Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB 3030 - Outlaw Fishing and Hunting?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default AB 3030 - Outlaw Fishing and Hunting?!

https://keepamericafishing.org/action-center/

Appreciate any and all insight and thoughts.

And, this is not even the newer movement that may sweep over WA, OR, and CA to close all Salmon fishing in support of the ORCAs?!

Default Ab 3030....

Just finished scanning the amended bill and can't see anything that specifically bans fishing. It does say that the CA Fish&Wildlife Comm., will retain there regulatory powers and that CA DF&W will be involved but to what extent?? The amended bill seeks to solve the problems of the world by conserving land/waters of the state and 30% of the worlds oceans by collaborating with the feds, other states and other nations governments to accomplish this, all to stop climate change. Undoubtedly well intentioned but a bit of an overreach (MLPA's weren't enough??). IMO, it appears to have something in it that will offend everyone (developers, water contractors, etc, etc....).
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

This seems to be a bill where the stated goal is to set-aside 30% of the states (and ultimately the nations) lands and waters for protected status. It further states the ultimate goal is to set-aside 50% of the states (and the nations) land and water. Visitation would be allowed as long as the activities of the visitors are not in conflict with the stated protection goals. So if the areas purpose is to protect wildlife than yes hunting would probably be prohibited. If the goal is the protection of aquatic species then yes probably fishing would be prohibited. It says the primary goal in creating these areas is the reduction of green house gasses and it is supposed to curtail development but, it would also curtail other uses that would or might infringe on the goals of the protection areas. It is very vague in that no specific areas of the state are mentioned. They could also setup protected areas for Salmon or Steelhead spawning beds possibly or protected areas for specific tree types. The bill does not say what areas are to be protected just that a percentage of the land and a percentage of the water.

It is a short read so you should read it.

It also states that the guidelines to be followed are the guidelines from The International Union for Conservation of Nature. Critics of this organization usually point out that their policies prohibit human interaction with the land or water most notoriously forcing the removal of indigenous tribes from the Serengeti in order to curtail poaching activities.

Authors/Sponsors are six Democrats from the LA County area led by Ash Karla District 27 (LA/San Bernardino County), joined by Richard Bloom District 50 (San Diego/Riverside), Eloise Gomez Reyes District 47 (LA/Orange County) and Robert Rivas District 30 (LA/Ventura County). Co Authors are Lena Gonzalez District 33 (LA county/Long Beach) and Ben Allen District 26 (LA/Ventura County/Santa Monica area).

It is currently before the CA Natural Resources and Water committee the next hearings for Assembly bills are Wednesday, August 5th ~ 9:00 am ~ Senate Chamber and Wednesday, August 12th ~ 9:00 am ~ Room 4203
    Last edited by tcorfey; 08-01-2020 at 02:49 AM.

"Authors/Sponsors are six Democrats from the LA County area led by Ash Karla District 27 (LA/San Bernardino County), joined by Richard Bloom District 50 (San Diego/Riverside), Eloise Gomez Reyes District 47 (LA/Orange County) and Robert Rivas District 30 (LA/Ventura County). Co Authors are Lena Gonzalez District 33 (LA county/Long Beach) and Ben Allen District 26 (LA/Ventura County/Santa Monica area)."

6 politicians from LA county should be a red flag for many..........all about the water.

If California was a Country it would be #7 in GNP so that is why the "politicians" and "lobbyists" are here.

California's water has the oldest history of corruption on the West coast.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Did a quick check and 52.1 % of the land in CA is already public land. So overall the land in CA is already protected from development. So what is AB3030 going to do if we have already surpassed their long term goal of protecting 50% of the land in CA from development? I don't think our politicians are really spending their time and energy wisely.
    Last edited by tcorfey; 08-02-2020 at 03:14 AM.

Who is going to let these politicians know these facts?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Default Ab 3030....

I agree with tcorfey. In its present form, this bill has about as much chance of passage as a snowball in H__l!! Maybe it's a placeholder....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tcorfey View Post
    Did a quick check and 52.1 % of the land in CA is already public land. So overall the land in CA is already protected from development. So what is AB3030 going to do if we have already surpassed their long term goal of protecting 50% of the land in CA from development? I don't think our politicians are really spending their time and energy wisely.
    BLM land and USFS land I would not call protected from development. Both sell their land regularly. Not trying to sound nit picky, just thought it’s a good heads up. The USFS lands for sale were on their ‘land disposal list’. Not sure what BLM calls theirs?

Yes, I guess the USFS let them log the hell out of CA, OR and WA many years ago.

I guess the Corps of Engineers let them dam up every river in CA, OR and WA?

Looks the commercial hydrophilic gold mining was devastating to our foothill rivers.

Taking down defunct dams is one of the most exciting thing I have seen in my lifetime.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Quote Originally Posted by John Sv View Post
    BLM land and USFS land I would not call protected from development. Both sell their land regularly. Not trying to sound nit picky, just thought it’s a good heads up. The USFS lands for sale were on their ‘land disposal list’. Not sure what BLM calls theirs?
    Thanks John, good heads up so maybe AB3030 should have a section regarding funding to purchase and protect any available USFS or BLM land as it becomes available as a primary goal.