Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's August already

Anyone have any link to find out water temps? The only info I’ve found was on dreamflows, which listed the temp at Orleans and Klamath Glen at 73f. I’m not surprised to see it so warm, but that info seems maybe not terribly exact? Would be nice to get a better sense of that
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

If that's the case it will be a short trip. Bad for fish but honestly why would they be in the river in those kind of temps? Is it possible they head up further until they feel comfortable? I'm packed so I'm going even if it's just a fact finding mission. If this week is no good then maybe the following week will be and I'm already booked for 3 nights then. Eventually I may run into a few

Quote Originally Posted by MThompson View Post
    If that's the case it will be a short trip. Bad for fish but honestly why would they be in the river in those kind of temps? Is it possible they head up further until they feel comfortable? I'm packed so I'm going even if it's just a fact finding mission. If this week is no good then maybe the following week will be and I'm already booked for 3 nights then. Eventually I may run into a few
    Best fishing intel is finding it out for yourself. You’ll always have nay sayers and the ones catching won’t say anything.

^^My thoughts exactly^^

If you can go only once a year to the Klamath river I would go in October to the middle river.

For thirty years Noe Fierros went for 3-4 days, 3 times a year. Maybe Sept 1, Oct 1 and Nov 1 ?

I think that the Klamath river is my favorite Steelhead river in California.

I huge Steelhead in the Klamath river is 10 pounds and they will fight as hard as any 10 pounder anywhere.

This is the time of year that the Klamath lovers come into our shop to get some stuff and talk about that great river.

Joe Shirshac started fly fishing the Klamath river in the early 1950s. He said fish around 6 pounds were common.

Bruce Slightom, of Eureka, guided the lower Klamath river for many decades with a jet boat. He recommends starting Sept 15.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

73 degrees is just too warm

I read from the Eureka newspaper two days ago that the Lower K is experience a blue algae bloom, toxic to people who have minor cuts and abrasions. Guess 73 degree water might have had something to do with that.

The Rogue is sounding better than the Klamath. On my way back from the Deschutes mid September.