Thread: Looking to get away for a couple days

Default Looking to get away for a couple days

I need to get out of dodge! Any suggestions? I was thinking some mountain trout fishing,maybe somewhere on the coast. Been outta the loop!

I fished the McCloud and Pit rivers recently and it was pretty good for July, know that's a long ways from Monterey though..Eastern Sierra backpacking was good too if that is an option, weathers looking good right now as far as thunderstorms... It's usually the slowest time of the year for me fishing wise, with bass the only local option. Maybe southern Sierra area since you're down south?

I'd go up Hwy 108 and fish the Middle Fork of the Stanislaus. From the Clark's Fork Road on up, there are plenty of wild trout available if you get away from the road just a little bit.

Flows for the Middle Fork of the Stanislaus near Kennedy Meadows are currently only 34 cfs.

https://www.dreamflows.com/graphs/day.645.php

Even thought the elevation in that area is near 6000' the water temperature at those flows can become very warm and not in the best interest of the fish.

I think August would be good on the Pacific coast in Nor Cal, OR or WA to get cool and eat some fresh seafood.

Or go up to 8,000 feet plus in the Sierras for some spectacular scenery, clean air, clean water and beautiful trout.

There are still a bunch of Pack Companies who will take in the high country for a day or even a week.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thank you all for the suggestions!