Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1982 Boston Whaler 15

Quote Originally Posted by JAWallace View Post
    Rocks, eh?

If you can find one of these, you'd be in tall cotton. This 12' Metalhead sled is certainly the coolest boat I've ever owned, just artwork, plus the builder does have that drug dealer cachet BIG TIME too. Who knew, especially when he stayed at our house for a couple of days.

Never my favorite though, and a great lesson to NEVER buy a flat bottom boat to use in flat water over about 5 mph, if that. I'm surprised I can still walk today after taking that kind of a beating for a few years--then sold it to George. For a river boat though, it was a dream. https://www.billkiene.com/forums/sho...highlight=sled
    That is very cool looking, a bit small for my fat arse- likely gonna be a rig in the 16-18 ft range with a jet. The g3 hulls seems like a good fit for that from what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    That is very cool looking, a bit small for my fat arse- likely gonna be a rig in the 16-18 ft range with a jet. The g3 hulls seems like a good fit for that from what I read.
    I recently saw and went over a brand new 18' Lowe Roughneck tiller steer, very impressed. G3 is OK too, but this one to me was a standout. Small jet, stable, tons of room, not a ton of money. I think they are 3° boats so it's going to be a rough ride on any kind of chop.