Thread: Light wading boots - recommendations ?

Default Light wading boots - recommendations ?

Looking for pair of light but supportive wading boots .

Orvis versions won an award and Patagonia and Simms have models too. My current boots are Patagonia and have served me well plus v good repairs.

Anyone have recommendations ?

Thanks Steve

I like the Patagonia Lightweights a lot, I pack them into high country lakes this time of year on my backpacking trips with a pair of pant waders. At 2 lbs 2 ozs they feel a lot lighter than my old pair of Simms Freestones I used to pack. I am biased though. Despite having a low income, I'm a huge fan of Patagonia as I find that the quality and durability is unparalleled and I actually save money by spending more on their waders. A pair of Simms Freestone or Redington Palix waders would last maybe 3 months tops before the leaking was too much. I do fish at least 200 days a year, counting before and after work, but even so after I finally spent the extra money on my Rio Gallegos waders will never look back and considering it's been 18+ months without a leak I've already saved money...plus I like they're stance on conservation, dam removal, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcolin View Post
    I like the patagonia lightweights a lot, i pack them into high country lakes this time of year on my backpacking trips with a pair of pant waders. At 2 lbs 2 ozs they feel a lot lighter than my old pair of simms freestones i used to pack. I am biased though. Despite having a low income, im a huge fan of patagonia as i find that the quality and durability is unparalleled and i actually save money by spending more on their waders. A pair of simms freestone or redington palix waders would last maybe 3 months tops before the leaking was too much. I do fish at least 200 days a year, counting before and after work, but even so after i finally spent the extra money on my rio gallegos waders will never look back and considering its been 18+ months without a leak ive already saved money...plus i like theyre stance on conservation, dam removal etc

Thanks !
    I have Gallegos too and had them repaired once with no issues.
    I'll check out their lightweights.
    Best

Default light boots

The Orvis Ultralights are very popular. They are selling well but only come in a rubber sole.
    The Simms Flyweights are new so we do not have longevity info on them but they seem well made and are available in felt.
    The Patagonia Ultralights are discontinued, I think, so you may be able to find them on sale and of course they are well made
    as is all of Patagonias' stuff.
    The Simms Intruder Wading Boot was designed as a wet wading boot and had a built-in neoprene sock. Discontinued now but you might find them online and for sale.

I would want felt so Simms or Patagonia would be my choices.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    The Orvis Ultralights are very popular. They are selling well but only come in a rubber sole.
    The Simms Flyweights are new so we do not have longevity info on them but they seem well made and are available in felt.
    The Patagonia Ultralights are discontinued, I think, so you may be able to find them on sale and of course they are well made
    as is all of Patagonias' stuff.
    The Simms Intruder Wading Boot was designed as a wet wading boot and had a built-in neoprene sock. Discontinued now but you might find them online and for sale.

I would want felt so Simms or Patagonia would be my choices.
    Thanks Steven !

would guess the average fly fisher fishes with waders about 12 to 24 days a year.

Guides will fish 100 to 200 days a year with waders.

Most old guys use boats now.....

Fall and Spring is when the most waders are sold.

I will check around for light weight boots.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I bought the Patagonias when they first went on closeout and they are a very nice boot. Had them for about 7-8 months now and used them at various times on the Trinity, the Klamath, the Upper and Lower Sac, Hat Creek and the Stanislaus so far. They worked fine with waders and while wet wading. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tcorfey View Post
    I bought the Patagonias when they first went on closeout and they are a very nice boot. Had them for about 7-8 months now and used them at various times on the Trinity, the Klamath, the Upper and Lower Sac, Hat Creek and the Stanislaus so far. They worked fine with waders and while wet wading. No issues.
    Have not been able find Patagonia in size 12 - only size 5! Will keep looking . Patagonia only have the heavy duty ones.

Lincoln Gray @ Sierra Stream & Mountain in Chico said:

We sell a lot of the Redington Escape and Sonic Pro Waders. $199-$299

Korker Boots in the Buckskin is a great boot for $149
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........