Thread: Big life changes...

Default Big life changes...

I’ve been a member of this board since I was 15 or 16, quite some time. In those years I have been able to guide some of you on waters across Oregon and California during my time in both states. After about 10 years of guiding among other things, I have officially hung my boots up and look forward to having fishing purely as my recreation. I went to Northwest Lineman College in Oroville and have accepted an Apprentice Lineman position in Glenrock Wyoming, and will be moving there later this month. While my main focus on moving here was the job, my backyard will be one of the best stretches of trout water on the east side of the Rockies, the North Platte. Grey reef is 45 min away, and the miracle mile section just over an hour. Looking forward to seeing what the future holds. I can’t thank all the board members I have met that have fished with me over the years, and the constant support from Bill and the team at the “Old Shop”. If anyone ever finds themselves in that part of the country, please holler. Best of luck to you all!!

Congratulation Tayler,

You will have to keep us posted about your new fishing adventures.

I am sure some will want to meet up with you out there......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by TaylerW View Post
    I’ve been a member of this board since I was 15 or 16, quite some time. In those years I have been able to guide some of you on waters across Oregon and California during my time in both states. After about 10 years of guiding among other things, I have officially hung my boots up and look forward to having fishing purely as my recreation. I went to Northwest Lineman College in Oroville and have accepted an Apprentice Lineman position in Glenrock Wyoming, and will be moving there later this month. While my main focus on moving here was the job, my backyard will be one of the best stretches of trout water on the east side of the Rockies, the North Platte. Grey reef is 45 min away, and the miracle mile section just over an hour. Looking forward to seeing what the future holds. I can’t thank all the board members I have met that have fished with me over the years, and the constant support from Bill and the team at the “Old Shop”. If anyone ever finds themselves in that part of the country, please holler. Best of luck to you all!!
    Congratulations, Tayler! Hope the new job and life in Wyoming work out well for you! I too was a lineman here in California for about 8 years back in the 70's. I loved the technical aspects of the work and the camaraderie. Stay safe!

That’s a great job, stick with it till you can fish All the time.

Congrats, love Wyoming. Great fishing and very few people. Saratoga is a great little town, hot springs and great ice cream. The mile is fun, the reef a big ditch. If you get a chance try and fish the Bluegrass out of Wheatland, Wyoming. That is my favorite creek in the world. Good luck.
    Don Memmer

Sounds like a adventure. You will have to work on your pronghorn-stalking skills. Next time I am floating the Klamath and not catching fish I will be thinking of a way to persuade you to come back. Good luck to you.

Yeah man! Congrats! I'm just up the road in Rapid City, SD. Look me up if you ever head up this way for some fishing...
    Rich
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com