Thread: Truckee Area Fishing & Kids

Default Truckee Area Fishing & Kids

I am going to be spending next Monday through Thursday in the Truckee area at Prosser Family Campground. I just found out that my daughter-in-law and grandsons (15 and 9) are going to be there at the same time. I already know where I intend to fish, what I need to know is where I can take the boys should they want to go fishing. I have only fly gear, although enough to outfit both of them. They have only spinning gear. What I'm looking for is someplace where: 1) they have a chance of catching a fish and 2) they won't drown.

Thanks for your help,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Markwood View Post
    I am going to be spending next Monday through Thursday in the Truckee area at Prosser Family Campground. I just found out that my daughter-in-law and grandsons (15 and 9) are going to be there at the same time. I already know where I intend to fish, what I need to know is where I can take the boys should they want to go fishing. I have only fly gear, although enough to outfit both of them. They have only spinning gear. What I'm looking for is someplace where: 1) they have a chance of catching a fish and 2) they won't drown.

Thanks for your help,
    Bill
    Donner Lake boat ramp or West End Beach are pretty kid friendly with lots of planters.

Thanks, Ralph. West End Beach looks like a good place for us to go.