Thread: Fuller

Default Fuller

Monday I saw the state website was finally online with details of all the fish plants in California up to June 20th. I noted Fuller on the list as having been stocked the week of the 6th-13th. It got me thinking I should take a trip up there and check it out. The gate was open at the day use site. Yippee, so far all the stars are aligned. Best of all no parking fee since it must have been a soft open for the day use area. I took a newbie to introduce him to what I thought would be a double digit day of non stop catching of planted trout.
    Got there and headed to my usual spots. On the way got a hit on my intermediate clear camo line with a Ricards calibaetis. Whoa it was going to be some day I am almost to my spot when I look back and my friend is doing doughnuts on the water in his float tube. I thought he was joking around. How can anyone be so uncoordinated not to point straight and kick. Well I found someone who could not go straight, only do circles. I must have coached him up for a half hour on how to make your float tube go straight and move efficiently. He was not going to get it for hours, ugh!!! Fishing took a back seat to coaching.

The caching was very slowwwwww. I knew something was amiss. We weren't doing too well. We realized the planted fish must have been somewhere else in the lake. Like Joe a few weeks ago we only caught browns. I will say we almost caught our double digit goal but it was not to be. We did however, catch some very nice browns. I will post the biggest. I have to brag it was my float tube challenged friend who caught the most and biggest on this day. Humble pie goes well with brown trout. Just an expression guys as we released all we hooked. Fuller is open and ready for your enjoyment By the way I think his fish is 17-18 inches which is huge for this lake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuller Lake Brown Trout 2020_6_22 (2).JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	15826  
    Last edited by Quinnphoto; 06-24-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Talking Fuller Lake

At first I thought you were going to say your friend was hooked up and being towed around.... Good that he was eventually able to catch some fish....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Good job Bill.....

You are keeping our lovely sport alive.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........