Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loreto will open June 15th

Default Loreto will open June 15th

Hey guys,

I found out last night from a friend that Loreto opening date will be JUNE 15th, I called the Oasis hotel this AM and they said it's official makes me a happy camper. For all you guys going down stop by room 8 at the Oasis and say hi. Also remember I have the flies that work for sale. Airheads-Crease and Pole dancers

Carl Blackledge
    Last edited by Carl Blackledge; 06-12-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Hi Carl, I haven't done much saltwater fishing at all but am interested in going to Mexico some day...was reading about some of the species in Loreto. If the Rooster or Dorado fishing is slow are there usually enough other species to chase so that you'll likely get into fish no matter what? Are the guides about the same rates as here in the US or more affordable? Any fishing from shore or is it necessary to be in a boat always? Have a good trip and please post some pictures.Thanks, Joel

Jcolin,

The short answer is YES...we have lots of the big four, Dorado-Roosters-Sailfish and baby Marlin, of course we have all the lesser stuff like Skip jack and rock fish, that I don't waste my time with.

Your first experiences in saltwater just might ruin you for Trout -Shad and Steehead, you will have to learn new knots, have better rods and reels and how to pull on a fish till your tongue is hanging out...if you need any information, just read my final report when I return in 5-6 weeks...I hope this helps?

Carl Blackledge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marlin 2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	15794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marlin 1.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	15795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	15796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big dorado.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	15797  

If anyone wants to go next summer to Loreto I am sure that Carl would give you some of the best advice.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill,

If they want to go this June-July I will gladly help them out. I am leaving Friday, and the Oasis is vacant and all the good guides are available......Just my Partner and I and all those fish LOL

Carl

Thanks, am definitely intrigued!

Just saw on the news that all travel to Canada and Mexico is put on hold until July 16th.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

Jay,

What you heard was out of context. Mexico is open and Alaska is flying in to Loreto, Not sure about other parts of Mexico.

Carl

I checked at 12:01 and Alaska was showing a few available flights and seats both down and returning. I tried 3 different dates to leave and return; only Saturday flights showed as available. The other dates had a generic message that looks like the regularly scheduled flights are not operating. IE not that they were full, but not in service.

McFish,

My flight to Loreto has two open seats last time I checked...maybe sold by now ?...I am expecting lots of flights to open up soon, July already shows 5 flights a week, I think if a guy wants to fish Loreto this June , It shouldn't be a problem, You can always PM me and we could talk on the phone. Do you stay at the Oasis?

PS I just got off the phone with my Captain, he said Lots of Dorado and Billfish jumping, mucho Sargasso, sounds like it's going to be crazy good, perhaps like opening day of trout season

Carl Blackledge
    Last edited by Carl Blackledge; 06-17-2020 at 12:53 PM.