Thread: Pontoon giveaway

Default Pontoon giveaway

I am hoping to be moving later this year and want to get rid of my pontoon before doing so. I don't want to move it and don't use it enough to justify keeping it. If someone wants it, I will give it away, you just have to pick it up in East Sac at a mutually agreeable time.

It is a 15+ year old JW Outfitters model 9' length and has a ton of built in storage, is rigged for an anchor, and has a space for a 30qt cooler behind the seat. It's suitable for overnight trips and some decent whitewater. One of the toons has a slow leak but it will not go flat on you during a fishing trip, it takes a week or more to air out to the point it needs to be re-pumped. However I always carry a small hand pump with me just to be safe. It is not a sexy boat but if you are looking to get off the bank and explore a bit, it's a reasonable starting option.

The boat will NOT include oars. However I have a pair of unused, rope-wrapped 1pc 7'6" Sawyer SSTs that I would sell to the person who takes the boat for $200. I will not sell the oars separately, only if you take the boat. One of the oar stops is broken from thermal expansion, you can get a set of replacements from Sawyer for $12. These oars retail for about $350 a pair.

Please PM me if interested and we can arrange a time for you to look at it or pick it up. I am really busy right now with work and trying to get my house on the market, so please, serious inquiries only...thanks for understanding.

So far there are two people who have expressed interest, and they are 1-2 in line as of now but neither has committed to taking it. I am adding two photos for the benefit of the community. The boat is big and bulky and is best moved in the bed of a pickup truck. It will break down with some effort, but the seat is fixed/nonfolding. It is not compatible with a hitch-based EZ Packer, I know as I have tried.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	343.0 KB 
ID:	15790Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	330.4 KB 
ID:	15791

Boat and oars are gone.
    Last edited by PV_Premier; 06-17-2020 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Update