Welp, made another jaunt up the hill to feed my Cutthroat addiction.

Left home around 9:30 ish, made the usual stop in Minden to top off the tank, wash the windshield, and pulled into Red just before 11:00.

For those interested, Hope Valley had about 8 cars in the pull-outs on the way up, and on the way back home about the same number and I could only spot one fisher person on the river.

I got the late start cause last week the fish turned on for me around 11:00-noon.......at least I thought.
If I had a "do-over" today I would have left home at dark and been fishing at first light.

I suited up and decided to forego the float tube again and wade off of the dam.
I made my first cast right at 11:00 and within a minute I hooked and landed my first fish.
Well, well, well, the fish were still eating close to the shore like last week.

I started chatting it up with a fellow (Tim from Tahoe) that was fishing out of a float tube.
Tim does look at the board here and he said he'll watch for tonight's report.

Hey Tim..........you need to send me a private e/mail............I've got some information regarding your Pal that was fishing out of the red hobie........... nothing dire......... will probably be good news for him.

Tim, at one point, said he stopped watching his indicator for a while and was having a blast watching mine disappear pretty regularly.
I think he switched flies closer to what I was using and then he started banging them too.

Well Tim bailed early and just like clockwork again, the fish turned off right around 3:00.

I started having lower back pains again and packed it up @ 5:30.

So, the fish were eating @ 11:00..........I really would loved to have been there right at sunrise to see if the fish would be eating for nine hours instead of just four hours.....................
I guess I'll have to get my lazy azz up early for next weeks adventure.

Numbers-wise, I landed "a couple of bakers dozen", LDR'd a half dozen or so, and missed maybe a dozen strikes.

The fish were more plentiful today than last week, but DEFINITELY not as large.
Most fish today were in the 14"-18" range with a couple "a bit larger" than that.

In conclusion, it was a good day of fishing for me today.
I caught a bunch of fish, enjoyed the high mountains, and met a new friend.

For the ride home tonight, 2 small Gatorades, and a Vanilla Coke..................I was kind of dehydrated.....

WHEN I got home tonight, the wife had made BB-Q ribs in the crock-pot, and homemade potato salad.
Man...............I'm stuffed now........................

Dang Cutthroats..................................

Bob