Today was one of those days where you just had to do something. Tired of sitting on my butt watching TV, Not much happening in the rivers beside shad where I can't get to. I've already mowed the lawn and weeded the tomatoes,,,, uugh,, I'm bored.

My wife says why don't I take some stuff to Goodwill and clean out my closet. Hmmm? Not a bad idea.

As I start rummaging around in the closet I start sorting out rods and tubes and shipping tubes. I've saved a lot of shipping tubes from rods over the years and I don't need eight or ten of them so out to the recycle can they go. But it's almost full and I can't close the lid.

Maybe if I cut them down I can get them all in, so over to the band saw I go. Nice three or four foot tubes cut down to one foot work perfectly in the can.

After four or five tubes I start to cut the next one and it rattles. Oops, stop! I shake it again and it rattles some more. Better look inside before I cut any more.

Sure enough, here's a brand NEW TFO 12 wt. Mangrove. This was the rod TFO had sent me as a warranty for breaking my BVK at Christmas Is. last year on a milkfish. Geez ! That was a close call. I'd already made one cut through the box and the next cut would have surly gotten the new rod.

So when you start throwing stuff away, be sure to check the contents or the pockets for things that might be of valve.
Tony

ps. Anyone looking for a new 12 wt. really cheap ?