Thread: Upper Sac

Default Upper Sac

Go time...almost. The push of rain yesterday was disappointing and put the fishing off the rest of the weekend, at least compared to Friday. The dusk hatch on Friday night was insane.

Pretty much that time of year where you can pick your method. We only fished ESN and dry fly but got plenty of tugs on both with a wide array of the usual suspect patterns. I got to watch in “slow motion” as a very solid fish took a skittering natural golden stone right in front of me. Never gets old. Dunsmuir isn’t too open, so be prepared to fend for yourself a bit but the brewery and Maddelena opened up this week with limited tables.

During a drought May can be the start.

Average Year I think June is very good.

On a big snow pack year July is good.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Thanks for the update! I am headed up to the area tomorrow until Friday. Definitely planning on spending time on the Upper Sac and Pit, and possibly the McCloud. Looks like the Sac has leveled out from the spike from a few weeks ago. From what I've read, it seems like it's all systems go up there.

Been tying like crazy in anticipation of the trip. Excited to put the pieces to the test! Will follow up with results!

Quote Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow View Post
    Thanks for the update! I am headed up to the area tomorrow until Friday. Definitely planning on spending time on the Upper Sac and Pit, and possibly the McCloud. Looks like the Sac has leveled out from the spike from a few weeks ago. From what I've read, it seems like it's all systems go up there.

Been tying like crazy in anticipation of the trip. Excited to put the pieces to the test! Will follow up with results!
    It will be better now than it was when I was up there I am sure. Especially if temps level off a bit and stay in the 70's/80's during the days consistently, that will really get the bugs moving.

Pit has been very good I have heard but I have not been out there yet this season. I also did not go to the McCloud when I was up there, I heard it has been a bit more crowded than usual because of the closure on the Conservancy property.