Thread: Almanor South Campground Closed

Default Almanor South Campground Closed

I heard from Recreation.gov yesterday saying that they have closed the Almanor South Campground through September 10th. My reservation fee was totally refunded. This is effectively cancels my annual trip to fish the Hex hatch. Oh well, better luck next year.
    Last edited by Bill Markwood; 05-29-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Bill, As you went through Recreation.giv I assume it is a Forest Service Campground. Is that correct?

Recreation.gov

Almanor South is a Forest Service campground. I also have a reservation at another Forest Service campground, Prosser Family, which at this time is still active. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Markwood View Post
    I heard from Recreation.gov yesterday saying that they have closed the Almanor South Campground through September 10th. My reservation fee was totally refunded. This is effectively cancels my annual trip to fish the Hex hatch. Oh well, better luck next year.
    Yes, south almanor campground is closed. What I was told in .y meeting with the forest service is it will be closed for the rest of the year. North almanor campground and boat launch is currently closed, but it will open up on June 11. This is a first come campground, no reservations.

All pg&e campgrounds are still closed. No word on them.

I hope this helps.
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

Thanks for the input, Lance. I was going to combine the Hex hatch with a family vacation that included kids, grandkids and dogs. Too many moving parts to chance that we wouldn't get a proper campsite. Like was said about the 49ers of old, "wait 'till next year".