I have done a fair bit of creeking as well. I use my 1 weight Sage TXL or this stuff. It's a great rod for these adventures. I have had some great finds, as well as several whiffs as well. The enjoyment of hiking into some of these small streams, where you will never find a report or any information, and having a bang up day, is hard to beat. A side angle of enjoyment for me is the abundance of mining relics and history left over on many of these small creeks from the Gold Rush era.

One expedition into one of these creek involved a 2.9 mile, 1900' vertical foot into, and out of. Unfortunately, the uphill hoof was on the way out after a full day of rock hopping under the belt. Thankfully the fishing on that creek was awesome, with some large fish to boot. I did most of these on my own, and now that I am on the other side of 60, and having had 4 knee surgeries, I am not real keen on doing these trips solo anymore. So, I find myself not spending much time investing in these adventures these days.