Thread: McCloud, Burney, Lassen area. Is it open

Default McCloud, Burney, Lassen area. Is it open

Anyone have any insights in to the climate for people fishing the streams rivers in the area, any restrictions against people coming in from outside of those counties? I want to respect the wishes of the locals but, really would love to fish that area again.

Regards,

Tim C.

Quote Originally Posted by tcorfey View Post
    Anyone have any insights in to the climate for people fishing the streams rivers in the area, any restrictions against people coming in from outside of those counties? I want to respect the wishes of the locals but, really would love to fish that area again.

Regards,

Tim C.
    Tim,
    I live in Burney and Lower Hat is open, some gates are locked, walk in ok. Campgrounds up Hat Creek are not open as of LNF and Lassen Park websites. No access to the park, even walking in at this time. PGE did open Lake Britton and Big Lake access. As of 3 days ago Baum lake was open but not camping in Cassel. Also Burney Falls
    Park is open only for day use, some one way trails and no services, store and rentals. No camping. Good luck if you do come, weather will be great. Pit River is running a little off color below Pit 1, heavy thunderstorms yesterday. Dennis

cdccopp, Thank you so much, great info!

I had no trouble getting into the lower mccloud this past weekend and it fished well. Locals were friendly, if a little off put by our masks when we stopped for gas as no one was wearing them but us up there. Strange to see crowds of people in restaurants driving thru red bluff, i assume they reopened recently, compared to what its like here in sonoma co.