Thread: Hawaii report

Default Hawaii report

Aloha, offshore has been improving by the day. The ono still haven't shown up in numbers, but the big ahi just got here this week. Going thursday in search of some gorillas.

Fishing with my son at our pond has been fun, with papio bones and impossibles.

here is Luke with an impossible.

I got this tiger weke the other day. They call them nightmare fish because of the psycotropic qualities of eating this fish.

I went today and got this white papio on the first cast, it was released to grow up to be a big GT one day.

And I rounded it out with a feisty bone. I will post some pics if we get lucky on thursday. I have other friends trying to get out this week, so we will see I could be busy.

Surf has been good and diving has been fun along with the snorkeling. I am just learning to really avoid tourists. Hope you guys have a good summer.
    Don Memmer

Aloha Don,

Quite a mixed bag is always fun.

Do you think that Tiger Weke may have gotten it's reputation of being psycotropic because it carries cigatera ?
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

No they cause hallucinations and it is not related to Cig. Kinda like psychedelic mushrooms. I have never eaten one, but they do fight good, like a little bonefish. Hope you get to chase GT's again soon.
    Don Memmer

Talk about sheltering in place, I'm envious. Having a nearby pond with salty fish in it would really occupy all my time....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I might have a trip to the islands in the future....After last year's overnight in Honolulu, it brought back memories of my childhood on Waikiki and the area. I have 145,000 airmails to burn with Hawaiian Air.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221