Thread: Ramps are opening.

Default Ramps are opening.

Lot's of good opportunities for you warm water enthusiasts.

Pedro, Melones, Oroville, Folsom, Berry.

The next warming trend will bring on a great top water bite at all these places. This is the time of year where you can find dumb fish in shallow water. The perfect combination.

Here is some feedback to one of the top reservoir bass guys I know.......Dave Hudson:

Bill

This is about the end of fishing in the lower reservoirs, all of which the governor has closed. Only boat ramp that I know is open is at Discover Park. Cathy and I put the boat in there this week just to run it since I have not been out since the end of Feb. Berryessa is my favorite lake this time a year but the ramp at Markley Cove is closed the last time I checked.

Depending on water temperature the next lake for action will be Englebright but it is closed right now I don't know what is going on with Amador, Lake Pardee or Comanche. I have not bothered with Folsom for years because it just gets to windy. Sometimes there is good action at Camp Far West but again I don't know the status.

That is all I know

Dave

Dave Hudson, Home of HUDSON'S FLY FACTORY hudsonsflyfac@sbcglobal.net
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Pardee and Camanche are open to Calaveras and Amador county residents only.

Camanche now open anyone.
    Clearlake is now open to anyone. Hopefully these openings spread people out. It's been a cluster at the ramps. I only fish on weekdays and at times it has been as busy as the weekend.

Markley Cove at Berryessa opened to motorized boat launching last Saturday. I don’t have a motorized boat but I may get up there with a kayak this week when the wind flattens out. Shore fishing was pretty nice while the lake was closed to boats. It would be great if they made it a no motors lake but that is likely not happening.

What would be so great about making this lake non motorized? Plenty of room for everyone.