Thread: Breaking Bass

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ocean - The kayak is a good way to go. You have to pick your spots but you can get right in there on top of the bass. There are a bunch of kayaks out there. I have been disappointed to get into some small spots and find a kayak guy already in there. There was a guy earlier this year who I think had his wife drop him off so there was no car at the put in but then I would find him in there getting after my bass. I gave him the stink eye to let him know he was not welcome on my water. I joke about the stink eye but I was not real talkative.

Eric- The deer hair tying is tough. That photo looks good but if you get the fly in your hands you can see some things that need work. It will still catch a bunch of fish. I watched a video by Steve Potter who I think is from Lodi. He made it look pretty easy. He was tying at the ISE this year but I was not there the day he was.

Windy in the Delta today. I had to fish the few spots where the wind was not blowing but I did find some fish. I am going to try to catch some bass in Oregon next week. We will see how that goes.

Last edited by John H; 07-23-2020 at 02:50 PM.