Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bass

I did some boat fishing today. I would say better fish today than photos but here a few. I am pretty sure this is my first carp on a fly rod. I used to catch some carp bait fishing for catfish but that was way back in the day. If I could get carp figured out that would be some fun. They are big and they pull hard.

Last edited by John H; 05-20-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Great picture quality. You could hold fish at the edge of the water in my street gutter and make my "street" look like a world class fly fishing destination. Bravo!

Sunfish - That is pretty funny. I can picture a guy wearing all the fly gear and smiling and pretending he got one in the gutter. I love the big sky with the spring clouds and the mountains in the distance. I had some condensation in the lens which is a bummer to find out when you get home and check out the photos so I was griping about that a little.

One more good question. On the carp picture, you're holding the fish with both hands. How did you accomplish that ? Or did you teach your dog to use the camera ?
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

I wish that dog could take photos. She is good at chasing squirrels and getting humans to scratch her but that is the limit of her skill set. My boat buddy took that shot. He got some pretty cool GoPro shots of that carp. Maybe he will post them.

I got this on to come out of the stick pile he was hiding in for the Clouser. It is cool when you see them come out and chase down your bug.

John your pictures are amazing! You really have this shot down to a science. Good for the fish keeping them right at the water, and a nice discreet way of taking pictures. Was nice fishin with you the other day!

Artistic. Respectful. Top notch John.
    Much appreciated.
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!

Thanks, as always John H. Smallmouth bass have been a favorite for years. Love how
    they'll return after a "hit and run."
    A friend and his daughter were recently fishing the Imperial Valley canals
    and caught a number of them.
    Thanks for the canine shot. Such a "royal" look!
    Best,
    Larry S

Beautiful photography John H. Id like to catch a carp someday, did it hit a clouser? Shallow water?