Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bass

Default Breaking Bass

I have been doing daytrips for bass over the last couple of months while doing my part to slow the spread of C19. I got a fish picture or two on some trips and none on others but eventually accumulated some good shots. I usually do a trip photo post but I decided to shake things up and make a project out of getting bass photos. No big fish were caught and the fishing was never on fire but it was usually at least okay. The bite was slow early in the season but once the water warmed up it seemed like the bass got on the job and started biting. I did some shore walking with my dog, some tubing and some kayaking. Almost all the fish were on Clousers but a few were on top water. There are a couple of phone shots and one Go Pro shot but mostly I used the Olympus TG-5. I had a lot of fun with it and seem to have worn the same shirt everyday but I washed it so don't worry. Hopefully you are safe and healthy and we will soon be moving beyond the local and taking more extended trips.

Nice bass on the chartreuse Clouser.

Great reflections next to the kayak.

A spotted bass. I think this is the best looking fish.

Another nice one next to the kayak.

Good head shot.

Beautiful day on the water.

Heading for the depths.

A good looking bluegill.

The controversial pike minnow.

Smallmouth are aggressive biters and strong pullers.

Light colored fish.

My dog is visible on the far shoreline.

Zipping off across the sand.

A black crappie. Good looking fish.

My dog shot on the over-under dome.
    Last edited by John H; 05-13-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Inspiring.....thanks John.

I believe more article are written, more boats are sold and more tackle is sold for bass than any other fish.

I guess it is because it is the most available sport fish, year round?

I fish for them all Winter, daily, here in Florida.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

John, Your having way too much fun.

Carl

Carl - Bass fishing is hard work but somebody has got do it. We can’t have fish swimming around out there not getting caught every once in a while. Wherever there are fish we need to have an angler on the job. I am doing my part to make sure the waters are covered.
    Last edited by John H; 05-13-2020 at 12:34 PM.

I caught this guy today. He gave my deer hair diver a long inspection from about three inches away. I gave it a twitch and he sucked it in. There are a lot of rejections in bass fishing so it is nice to see one look it over and take it.

This one made the mistake of snacking on my Clouser this afternoon. Seems like I should have gotten a few more like it but no. Not sure what happened. Maybe they were just not around.

Those are some nice fish ! Good to see someone is getting after it.

New bug on the menu today. I made a couple like this a few years ago and never used them. I dug it out of a box of unused flies and think it might be a good one. Lots of follows and a few grabs. I might try tying a couple of other versions. This was not the biggest fish of the day but the only photo and it shows the new bug well.

John,

With the TG-5, how are you getting your shots centered. I have the same camera and a lot of mine are way off center when I can't look at the screen. When this happens I have to guess where I am and then later crop the picture to get the best pose or frame.

Especially when you take the camera underwater. You can't be sticking your head in the water to look at the screen and still get such good pictures.

Any suggestions besides take a lot of shots and do a lot of cropping?

Great pictures. Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Tony - Take a lot of shots and do a lot of cropping. I take a boatload of bad shots but some of them work out. I do have a wide angle lens that makes it a lot easier to get the fish in the frame especially underwater. The lens add on is kind of a lot to get into but it does help. There is a thread a couple down where we talked about that.
    Last edited by John H; 05-20-2020 at 05:52 PM.