Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patagonia Foot Tractor

Default Patagonia Foot Tractor

I like my Patagonia Ultralight wading boots with felts soles but they are showing their age. Am thinking of getting a pair of the Foot Tractors to get away from felt. Any feedback from Foot Tractor owners if they'd buy them again?

You have got to be very careful with your fly line and those bars. I stepped on and cut two lines before I got rid of mine. Studs are far less dangerous to fly lines. I guess it depends on where you fish. If you’re always in the water probably less of an issue.
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

https://www.patagonia.com/product/fo...gaAp9dEALw_wcB

When wading boots hit $200 I thought that was a lot?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I'll never buy anything Patagonia after that bogus anti fish hatchery movie they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by avidangler View Post
    I'll never buy anything Patagonia after that bogus anti fish hatchery movie they put out.
    Hmmm... what was bogus about it?

Really, really, really heavy when wet and they don't drain well. After slogging a couple miles walking railroad tracks back to the truck, I said screw these things and gave them away. Got some Korkers to replace them and will never look back.

Corkers are great! Use to use Sims , still have some . Got tired of loosing and buying the studs that screwed in. I’ve even glued them on with Aqua seal. Seem stay on a little longer, but eventually came off. Corkers with the different soles you can put on is a great idea.
    Used them on the lower Deschutes last fall . Performed well for me.

Regarding the Korkers with the interchangeable sole system, I was considering them, but a a friend had a pair, not sure of the exact model, and he said he had a problem with the tab connection where the sole attaches to the boot failing and not holding the sole. Said he nearly killed himself hopping over a log when the felt sole disengaged and flapped down catching the log. Said he was going back to Simms. Not sure if this is just an anectodal example of failure or if other Korkers wearers have had a similar problem? It made me discount the Korkers as an option, but there seems to be some good reviews here.

Default Foot Tractors

I have a pair of the Danner/Patgonia foot tractors and I love them. Built well and rebuildable should you need to. Pricey, yes, but probably the last wading boots I'll need to buy.In the last 35 years, I've had Sims, Chotas and Danners, these are the best in my experience.

I just throw a WTB out on a couple forums when I need a new pair of boots. I’m always able to find a decent set of name brand boots that someone isn’t using or were the wrong size for $25-$50. Maybe a little more if they are as new. I think I’ve spent a total of about $150 on boots over the last 20 years - and that includes the aluminum bar pair I got rid of. I just go rubber soles (felt is illegal in SD) and studs.
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com