Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truckee

Thanks! I actually just booked my train ticket and hostel stay for two days in truckee. My hostel is right across the street too which I'm stoked about. Hopefully I can square away transport from the station to my hostel lol.

Edit. The station is a block away. This is going to perfect lol

Quote Originally Posted by Twowheelsonecamera View Post
    Thanks! I actually just booked my train ticket and hostel stay for two days in truckee. My hostel is right across the street too which I'm stoked about. Hopefully I can square away transport from the station to my hostel lol.

Edit. The station is a block away. This is going to perfect lol
    If you are fishing near town, watch out for the rafter hatch. They usually start around 11am-noon in the summer

great info, thanks for sharing! I just booked my train and hostel for a stay from the 5th to the 7th in july. arriving around 3pm sunday leaving around 930am tuesday. very excited to get out of sac, away from the world, and find that 1st brown trout.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutHunter10 View Post
    If you are fishing near town, watch out for the rafter hatch. They usually start around 11am-noon in the summer
    What is the usual portion of river the rafters usually occupy? I only know of the trips from Tahoe City to Alpine Meadows.

I surmise that the rafters are free to float on through the SF Club's waterway too. I have to admit that floating the river seems to be a fun thing to do too as long as it doesn't resemble Sunrise to Watt on the A.

Plenty of fishing right in town. My office is on west river street and ive seen em sipping lately. Rafters are downstream of town but not that many. Every once in a while some tubers will float through town but there are some seriously bony riffles.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSunfish View Post
    What is the usual portion of river the rafters usually occupy? I only know of the trips from Tahoe City to Alpine Meadows.

I surmise that the rafters are free to float on through the SF Club's waterway too. I have to admit that floating the river seems to be a fun thing to do too as long as it doesn't resemble Sunrise to Watt on the A.
    They also take out down at Floriston too, unfortunately...my buddy and I were fishing down there last June when we saw a bear cub that was freaked out running through crowds of rafters getting out of the river. I've had bears sniff around my truck at night in the Truckee area but it was weird to see one in the middle of the day with so many people out.

I would say it's not a bad float on the AR if you have someone actually paying attention to where they're drifting. I do fear for the lives of those who have never floated it before though. It's no joke. Especially at River Bend/ William B. Pond. That tree has claimed so many floats.

thanks for giving me hope lol