Thread: Vladi Squirmy Worm

Default Vladi Squirmy Worm

Love them or hate them, these flies catch serious amounts of fish.

If you’d like to win a set, subscribe to my YouTube channel, like the video and leave a comment on the video “win”. A winner will be drawn when the video reaches 100 likes.

Quote Originally Posted by terryphillips View Post
    Love them or hate them, these flies catch serious amounts of fish.
    If you’d like to win a set, subscribe to my YouTube channel, like the video and leave a comment on the video “win”. A winner will be drawn when the video reaches 100 likes.
    It's interesting that no-one has replied to this post....

Quote Originally Posted by dynaflow View Post
    It's interesting that no-one has replied to this post....
    Not everyone’s cup of tea. Plenty in Europe want them banned for good from fly fishing venues. They’ve already succeeded in getting them banned from the World and European Championships. Personally, I’m fine with them, I’ll happily use a size 21 midge dry or a size 8 Squirmy as long as the fishery is ok with it.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by terryphillips View Post
    Not everyone’s cup of tea. Plenty in Europe want them banned for good from fly fishing venues. They’ve already succeeded in getting them banned from the World and European Championships. Personally, I’m fine with them, I’ll happily use a size 21 midge dry or a size 8 Squirmy as long as the fishery is ok with it.

Terry
    Why are they banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Huffstutter View Post
    Why are they banned?
    A request was put forward to the FIPS committee (not for the 1st time) who organise the World and European championship to ban them. On the basis that they aren’t in the spirit of “fly” fishing. Crazy when you are allowed to use other worm patterns (San Jaun, Vladi, latex etc.).