Thread: Free to a beginning angler - 5/6wt reel and line

Default Free to a beginning angler - 5/6wt reel and line

I have a well used Cabelas RLS+ reel that I’m happy to gift to a new angler, or for someone who’s going to promise me that a kid or a disadvantaged person will use it. It also has a textured SA floating line on it.

I would prefer to hand it off locally in Sac area, but would ship it at cost to the recipient.

Nothing about it is new or sexy but it has a LOT of fish mojo and would be fine for introducing someone to the sport. I have landed a lot of fish on this reel on the Yuba and Feather before I upgraded my everyday driver a few seasons back.

That's a damn nice thing to do.

We all ought to do the same thing and clean out our closets.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

This is still available. Does anyone have local contact info for a charity who would use this item? I can make it a full rod and reel combo if donating it that way.

Not sure where in NorCal you are but you can find your closet chapter and get in touch. Just a fantastic organization...

https://projecthealingwaters.org/pro...-5772de78-9463
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Hello, I’m interested in your reel if it’s still available. A buddy of mine is currently loading me a setup, but I’d like to get my own and give his back.

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    I have a well used Cabelas RLS+ reel that I’m happy to gift to a new angler, or for someone who’s going to promise me that a kid or a disadvantaged person will use it. It also has a textured SA floating line on it.

I would prefer to hand it off locally in Sac area, but would ship it at cost to the recipient.

Nothing about it is new or sexy but it has a LOT of fish mojo and would be fine for introducing someone to the sport. I have landed a lot of fish on this reel on the Yuba and Feather before I upgraded my everyday driver a few seasons back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
    Hello, I’m interested in your reel if it’s still available. A buddy of mine is currently loading me a setup, but I’d like to get my own and give his back.
    Response sent to your PM, I have a matching rod we could also discuss that I was intending to keep but would let go for modest $

This item was claimed, no longer available.