Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not Jeff's 2020 shad reports

The broken windows seem to migrate at the same time as the shad. Most curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    The broken windows seem to migrate at the same time as the shad. Most curious.
    Coincidence? Not likely ....

Quote Originally Posted by halfpounder View Post
    I was in town last night helping some family move and got out for a few hours in the evening. Ended the night with a bakers dozen in one hole mid-river. Just FYI, I pulled into Gristmill around 7:30pm just as a few anglers were getting back to their cars and realizing they all had smashed windows. They said 5 cars total were broken into. Sucks
    20 bucks say they had items laying out in the open. Most thieves will not break a window unless they see something inside the car. I have never once had my car broken into because I leave nothing in site and I have been fishing the American for over 15 years.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    20 bucks say they had items laying out in the open. Most thieves will not break a window unless they see something inside the car. I have never once had my car broken into because I leave nothing in site and I have been fishing the American for over 15 years.
    good point and by nothing it literally has to be NOTHING visible

Bankers with a string of over 20 shad seen leaving around 5pm...bite musta been earlier today.

Fished in the rain for a couple hours for nada. Nice to have river crowd thinned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    Definitley good advice about leaving nothing visible. That said tweakers can be pretty unfathomable, the ones up in clear lake will break your window for a few quarters in the cupholder or a cheap pair of sunglasses...needless to say their minds arent working right with staying awake for days at a time and will risk jail for no real financial gain. I used to just leave the doors unlocked when id go bass fishing so i wouldnt have to pay for a new window.

Very good late action Friday night. 11 fish to hand for me and friend in 2 hrs, 10 other hookups/long distance releases. Some footballs.

Friday fatty...several fish had what looked like seal scratches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OI000023.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	631.4 KB 
ID:	15730  

I fished a new to me Pure Skagit Commando Groove Intermediate Skagit Head on my 5wt switch rod. It worked will in the wind, which was quite gusty last evening. The intermediate section, did seem to slow down the swing and allow the poly leader to sink more.

No shad for me, and I did not see anyone in the area catching them either. A drift boat that floated by said they say a large school up toward the dam.

Mark H.