Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A first time occurrence while fly fishing!

Doesn't really count here but I hooked a striper, a smallie, and a spot all at once on an umbrella rig at Hogan a few years back. The spot was the only one that made it to the boat. Have had several doubles over the years an that rig as well as topwater baits and crankbaits.

That triple is a first! I’ve had a handful of doubles in my life, shad and trout, brookies in smaller Sierra waters are the ones I remember. My most memorable was the first one, though - two small bass in a golf course pond, one on the front hook of a red and white Heddon Creek Chub, the other on the rear hook.

Many doubles for me shad fishing. Years ago I saw Chris Laskodi get a shad triple at the Log Hole using three Wet Pinkies.

I had a double hookup at Pyramid. I was using two midges under an indicator. When i set the hook, I thought I had a big fish on. However, when I got the fish to within 15 feet, I could see both fish. I actually landed both fish but not at the same time. I netted the smaller fish (on the dropper fly) but when I tried to net the larger fish, the first fish darted away and broke off the fly. The smaller fish was about 20 inches and the larger fish was 23. Since I only caught a total of four fish that day, landing two on one cast was really a surprise.

A guy near me said he had once hooked a 7 pounder and an 11 pounder at the same time. He said the 7 pounder eventually got off but he was able to land the 11 pounder.