Thread: New to me 1997 Sport Cat 13

Default New to me 1997 Sport Cat 13

I've been casually looking around for a boat and after missing out on a few candidates I bought this last week. It's a 1997 Sport Cat by Sterling, 13 feet center console. 15 HP 2 stroke Yami and a 32 lb transom mount trolling motor. I have found precious little information on them but seems like it could be a good platform. I'm already considering a few upgrades but need to get some time on the water first which looks like it could be a problem for a while.

I'm eager to hear what any of you may know about these boats. I'm excited to get it wet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skiff.JPG 
Views:	359 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	15612

Looks like a solid rig. We're you able to run the boat before you bought it?

Reminds me of the Livingston boats and those are awesome for their size.

I was able to see the motors run, but not get out on the water which I'm itching to do and probably will be for a while. It does look very much like a Livingston 14, with the added advantage of a flat floor. Most of the mods I'm thinking of are inspired by researching Livingston modifications. Attached are some more photos. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stern.JPG 
Views:	245 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	15614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bow.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	15615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bow.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	15616

Endless possibilities. Should be fun customizing it to fit your needs. Hope you post your mods as you go. Enjoy your boat!