Thread: Covid 19: I-80 at 70mph

Default Covid 19: I-80 at 70mph

Had to go to SF Bay Area for medical appointments on Friday, but could not drive back to west Reno until Sat.

In the 20 miles between Truckee and west Reno, I counted 121 cars parked along the Truckee River. Almost every pull-off and parking lot was near full. There were more cars but I counted while driving on I-80. Not all were fishermen, but I saw a lot of people in and on the river-- more than most weekends.

But then I thought about it, even at 2 people a car that is only 240 people in 20 miles or 12 people a mile which is 438 ft per person-- plenty of social distance.

We had to stop at Safeway and there were a lot more than 121 cars in the parking lot and it seemed like more than 240 people inside.

I have no point, but if I did it would be: it seems safer to go fishing instead of shopping.

Jim
    Last edited by JayDubP; 04-21-2020 at 09:00 AM.

From what I have seen on the Highway, if you were going 70 mph, I hope you were in the right lane!!! Man, people are hailing ass on the highways these days. At times, I have been the slow poke at 80 mph.

Bob