Thread: Delta report

Default Delta report

Spent most of yesterday calling around to find an open boat ramp. All Solano County ramps are closed. Also seems like all San Joaquin County ramps are also closed. I didn’t want to go to Contra Costa so I don’t know which ones might still be open. Korth’s, B&W and Ko-Ket are open in Sacramento County. I heard B&W had over 400 boats one day last week.

I also believe if you fish up toward Sutter County they will checked to see if two people are in the boat they will be checked to see if they have the same home address. If not, both fishermen will get ticketed. Please call and check before you go out fishing the Delta or the Sacramento River to see first if your ramp is open and second what laws might be in effect for two people in the boat. I found an open ramp but the bathrooms were closed. They are not making it easy. I did get 13 hookups with 9 to hand. All of them dinks. I am slowly getting a small idea of how to fish for stripers.

sure would help if we had widespread testing for the virus. I've heard 1/4 of infected people have no symptoms so we have to assume everyone has it. If you could be tested 2 guys could share a boat or car ride. Not rocket science. I don't get why this hasn't been made a national priority.
    "I never saw a fish I didn't want to catch"

Quote Originally Posted by dave earl View Post
    sure would help if we had widespread testing for the virus. I've heard 1/4 of infected people have no symptoms so we have to assume everyone has it. If you could be tested 2 guys could share a boat or car ride. Not rocket science. I don't get why this hasn't been made a national priority.
    Testing only determines if you have the virus at the time you are a host of the virus...... upon which time you are also shedding the virus..... possibly to others. Test negative today, then get exposed at the grocery store tomorrow? Test to see IF we are immune is a whole other deal.......

Quote Originally Posted by dave earl View Post
    On the USS Roosevelt 60% of those that positive were asymptotic, that is the superpower of covid19

Quote Originally Posted by Bkane View Post
    On the USS Roosevelt 60% of those that positive were asymptotic, that is the superpower of covid19
    60% of people having no symptoms is fantastic! That means all those people are now immune. We definitely need immunity testing to work our way to the end of this. Katz
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    60% of people having no symptoms is fantastic! That means all those people are now immune. We definitely need immunity testing to work our way to the end of this. Katz
    Unfortunately there is still some uncertainty about the immunity level of people who have recovered. https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-really-means/
    Widespread testing would be enormously helpful right now, both virus testing as well as anti body testing! Each one would fulfill different helpful roles, having both available and widespread would be a game changer. The sooner we get those the better, for sure.
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Good to see you post Katz.

I'm sure you've been a VERY busy man the last month or so.

Bob