Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have a cool trip planned?

Default Anybody have a cool trip planned?

Hey guys,

Anybody have a cool trip planned?

Our little group (32) are still booked in at the Oasis hotel in Loreto , Mexico

I understand lots of fishermen have cancelled there fishing plans, Only one guy cancelled with us.

Carl Blackledge

Yep, same place you're going. Then, again for two weeks out of Cabo in late October/early November.

Had to cancel our trip, it was just too close and too many uncertainties. If things start to change significantly for the better soon, we will book a flight to Baja ASAP. I just don’t see it being likely soon though, maybe later in the summer? Most other trips we want to take are sort of in limbo at the moment, like everything else in life these days. We have lots of cool trips planned... just no idea when we are going to be able to actually do one of them? Hopefully sooner than later!

At least I have walking access to a pond with LMB and Bluegill, my personal “hillbilly tarpon flats”. Not exactly “exotic”: no sharks or crocodiles or sting rays, though there are some pretty testy nesting Canada Geese to negotiate with right now.
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Jason,

I am pretty certain that Mexico is going to be fine , I was told that the "sport fishing " would open back up real soon. Just found out today that their is lots of Sargasso in Loreto, which is a good thing for Dorado. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Carl

Eric,

I am also thinking of another trip to Mexico in late October/early November for Bill fish in Mag bay. I used to spend a lot of time on the Smith river and the Chetco river at that time, however no more fish there. Looking for something else at that time.

Carl

I'm supposed to go to Marathon, FL the week of May 25... I have planned for two days offshore/bluewater, two days inshore/flats flyfishing , and two days kayak flyfishing. I have a feeling that trip isn't going to happen... we shall see.

Stay healthy everyone!

John

I am booked for Fernie in early September and Chile in November, if I bat .500 on those plans I’ll be happy.

My short term goal is to be on the McCloud and Upper Sac by mid May.

Rock Creek and Blackfoot River area in Early July. Sounds like everything will be a go, with a few restrictions in place still.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I'm supposed to go to Marathon, FL the week of May 25... I have planned for two days offshore/bluewater, two days inshore/flats flyfishing , and two days kayak flyfishing. I have a feeling that trip isn't going to happen... we shall see.

Stay healthy everyone!

John
    From what I hear from friends down there the keys will be remaining closed to visitors until at least June 1.

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    I am booked for Fernie in early September and Chile in November, if I bat .500 on those plans I’ll be happy.

My short term goal is to be on the McCloud and Upper Sac by mid May.
    Hard to believe this thread is almost a year old.

As expected my 2020 trips to Fernie and Patagonian Chile were both sacked. Fernie dates were pushed to September 2021, I am not even feeling optimistic about that at this point, Chile will wait until 2022+.

I did make good on my goal of getting on the Upper Sac in May, but even within state I have done very limited fishing travel since last March...two nights in Dunsmuir in May, two nights at ICL in November, and two nights in Fortuna in late December.