Thread: Three rods for sale - Walt Powell glass, Sage 8wt, Cortland 9-10wt

Default Three rods for sale - Walt Powell glass, Sage 8wt, Cortland 9-10wt - ALL SOLD

All rods have been SOLD

Up for sale are three rods I am not fishing - so they need to go to someone who will. Please email or PM with interest. All forms of payment accepted and shipping is included in the price.

8’ 6” Walton Powell glass rod. 2 piece Conolon blank. Anodized Powell uplock seat. Simply labeled with Walton’s black logo. Stainless spigot ferrule. Probably would have been sold as a 5-6-7wt. Great classic deep bending glass rod. Rod is in excellent shape. The hook keeper was bent when I got it and I straightened it. Comes in a sectioned cordura case.
    SOLD

9’ Sage RPL 8wt 2 piece. Custom build by the Fly Shop in Redding. Rod came to me with some messy hobby shop attempt at removing an inscription and the Fly Shop logo. Cosmetic issue only. I sent the rod to Jim Clarkson in Chico and he stripped and redid the inscription area with simple hand script. Nice classic Striper rod. Rod appears lightly fished and in very nice shape. Small fixed fighting butt. Comes in pictured DB Dun cordura case.
    SOLD

9’ Cortland GRF1000 XP 9-10wt 2 piece. Came as part of a lot I picked up. Would make a decent back up salt water rod or to give to a kid maybe. Pretty stiff rod - would probably cast a 12 or 13 line too. Lightly fished. Comes with removable spigot fighting butt and in the pictured cordura Mountain Traders case.

GONE
    Last edited by Rich Morrison; 04-23-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com