Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Depth Video: New Float n' Fly Leader System

The pencil indo is critical because it will show if you've thrown to a shallower depth that where your fly is set. I've thrown too shallow,indo doesn't stand up so I give it some twiches to pull into deeper water, BOOM!! Bass eats it. With the thingabobber you'd probably let the fly sit on bottom and wonder why you didn't get bit. Ryans system rules too cause even I don't tangle it much. Thanks fer the post!
    "I never saw a fish I didn't want to catch"

Jcolin I'm very happy to hear you found success on Berryessa with a simple clouser under an indicator! And I'm assuming you were walking the banks too considering the parking closure. Bank fish are always a few extra points. So way to make things happen with the bare minimal. I always guessed a clouser under an indicator would work just fine, but I've never tried it, always been too well stocked with float n flies to need to experiment.

All this being said, once you get the propper rig, you are going to enjoy the method MUCH more for all sorts of different reasons. A major one being what Mr. Earl explained. Spot on assesment.

And thank you Dave! I had a great time out at Clear Lake with you, I appreciate you letting me film. That stuff helps! Very glad you found my info useful!
    Last edited by Ryan; 04-24-2020 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Bad gramar